Problem viewing web sites from Laptop - Routers

This is a discussion on Problem viewing web sites from Laptop - Routers ; After connecting to Internet through either Broadband / Dial Up, i am able to view all IP configuration correctly by doing ipconfig /all but when i ping to the DNS / Gateway it itself I am getting the following Pinging ...

  1. Problem viewing web sites from Laptop

    After connecting to Internet through either Broadband / Dial Up, i am
    able to view all IP configuration correctly by doing ipconfig /all

    but when i ping to the DNS / Gateway it itself I am getting the
    following

    Pinging with 32 bytes of data

    and all requests time out.

    Can anyone tell me why this problem occurs. and what is the solution.

    regards,
    Sreekanth

  2. Re: Problem viewing web sites from Laptop

    On 13 Nov 2004 13:39:52 -0800, K V Sreekanth wrote:
    > After connecting to Internet through either Broadband / Dial Up, i am
    > able to view all IP configuration correctly by doing ipconfig /all
    >
    > but when i ping to the DNS / Gateway it itself I am getting the
    > following
    >
    > Pinging with 32 bytes of data
    >
    > and all requests time out.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me why this problem occurs. and what is the solution.

    You need to ask your Micro$oft question in a Microsoft news group, not
    linux or unix.

  3. Re: Problem viewing web sites from Laptop

    meetsreekanth@gmail.com (K V Sreekanth) writes:

    ]After connecting to Internet through either Broadband / Dial Up, i am
    ]able to view all IP configuration correctly by doing ipconfig /all

    No idea what that means.
    What is ipconfig?
    iWhat kind of argument is /all?

    ]but when i ping to the DNS / Gateway it itself I am getting the
    ]following

    ]Pinging with 32 bytes of data

    That is sure not good. That address is not a valid address!
    What happens if you ping the number of the gateway.
    What happens if you ping the DNS server number?
    What do you have in /etc/resolv.conf?
    What is your
    route -n
    output?
    What is your ifconfig -a output?

    ]and all requests time out.

    ]Can anyone tell me why this problem occurs. and what is the solution.

    ]regards,
    ]Sreekanth

  4. Re: Problem viewing web sites from Laptop

    Bill Unruh wrote:
    > meetsreekanth@gmail.com (K V Sreekanth) writes:
    >
    > ]After connecting to Internet through either Broadband / Dial Up, i am
    > ]able to view all IP configuration correctly by doing ipconfig /all
    >
    > No idea what that means.
    > What is ipconfig?
    > iWhat kind of argument is /all?
    >

    > ]but when i ping to the DNS / Gateway it itself I am getting the
    > ]following
    >
    > ]Pinging with 32 bytes of data
    >
    > That is sure not good. That address is not a valid address!
    > What happens if you ping the number of the gateway.
    > What happens if you ping the DNS server number?
    > What do you have in /etc/resolv.conf?
    > What is your
    > route -n
    > output?
    > What is your ifconfig -a output?

    The output of that will be "'ifconfig' is not recognized as an internal
    or external command, operable program or batch file." because Bill is
    running Windows :P

  5. Re: Problem viewing web sites from Laptop

    That it is true this lies in windows environment. I am sorry i had
    added the wrong newsgroup pointing to linux.

    Please let me know if there is a solution to this problem .

  6. Re: Problem viewing web sites from Laptop

    K V Sreekanth wrote:

    > That it is true this lies in windows environment. I am sorry i had
    > added the wrong newsgroup pointing to linux.
    >
    > Please let me know if there is a solution to this problem .

    The best solution, is to replace Windows with Linux

+ Reply to Thread