wireless bridge or vpn ? - Routers

This is a discussion on wireless bridge or vpn ? - Routers ; From: "James B" Subject: Wireless Bridge Date: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 7:35 PM I want to set up a wireless bridge from my office to my home. They are about 2 miles apart with trees blocking a direct line of ...

  1. wireless bridge or vpn ?

    From: "James B"
    Subject: Wireless Bridge
    Date: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 7:35 PM

    I want to set up a wireless bridge from my office to my home. They are about
    2 miles apart with trees blocking a direct line of sight view. I was
    wondering if any of the wireless bridges on the market would work for thiis
    type of install or if I should go the VPN route. Our network is peer to peer
    windows 2000 machines, and my home computer is windows XP. Thanks in advance
    for any help.

  2. Re: wireless bridge or vpn ?

    VPN, you could try wireless, but as a rule Antennas are more likely to work
    with line of sight, not worth the hassle IMHO

    "James B" wrote in message

    > From: "James B"
    > Subject: Wireless Bridge
    > Date: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 7:35 PM
    >
    > I want to set up a wireless bridge from my office to my home. They are

    about
    > 2 miles apart with trees blocking a direct line of sight view. I was
    > wondering if any of the wireless bridges on the market would work for

    thiis
    > type of install or if I should go the VPN route. Our network is peer to

    peer
    > windows 2000 machines, and my home computer is windows XP. Thanks in

    advance
    > for any help.

+ Reply to Thread