TCP/IP Question - Routers

This is a discussion on TCP/IP Question - Routers ; Hello: I have a network of about 5 XP workstations connected to a Linksys router and a DSL modem. I want to assign each workstation a static IP address so I can have a map of the routers, APs and ...

  1. TCP/IP Question

    Hello:
    I have a network of about 5 XP workstations connected to a Linksys router
    and a DSL modem. I want to assign each workstation a static IP address so I
    can have a map of the routers, APs and the network printers. When I do this,
    I can access the network, but not the internet. Immediatley when I say
    assign the IP automatically I have internet access.

    I'm lost.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: TCP/IP Question

    cc0293935 wrote:

    > Hello:
    > I have a network of about 5 XP workstations connected to a Linksys router
    > and a DSL modem. I want to assign each workstation a static IP address so I
    > can have a map of the routers, APs and the network printers. When I do this,
    > I can access the network, but not the internet. Immediatley when I say
    > assign the IP automatically I have internet access.
    >
    > I'm lost.
    > Thanks.

    sjeprises:

    As well as assigning static IP addresses to the client PCs you have to
    enter the IP address of the router as the "DNS Server" and as the
    "Default Gateway". You can find these settings in TCP/IP ->
    properties tab.

    HTH & GL

    John
    --