Router locking up? help... - Routers

This is a discussion on Router locking up? help... - Routers ; I have 5 sun ultra 10's running solaris 8 and 9, one intel running slackware 10 and one intel running windows 2000 all going into an 8 port linksys hub and then into a 11s4 v.2 (802.11b) wireless linksys router ...

  1. Router locking up? help...

    I have 5 sun ultra 10's running solaris 8 and 9, one intel running
    slackware 10 and one intel running windows 2000 all going into an 8
    port linksys hub and then into a 11s4 v.2 (802.11b) wireless linksys
    router (along with a windows 98 box on the way). I am running an
    apache webserver. swbell dsl. Here is my problem:

    within my LAN, I never have any problems. From the outside, My ssh
    sessions will just lock up on me at random times. I won't be able to
    ssh into any of my boxes for about 10 minutes and then I can again.
    My http traffic is doing the same thing. My website will just lock up
    for about 10 minutes. If I am in the LAN, I can still access
    everything even while it is locked externally.

    I googled this problem and did the following:

    I upgraded the firmware on my router.

    I set the router MTU to 1492 along with all of the servers (the
    windows boxes are set to auto).

    I have played with various other MTU settings to no avail...

    Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should be concentrating
    my efforts? I am assuming this to be a router config problem, but I'm
    out of ideas.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    AvidFan

  2. Re: Router locking up? help...

    I changed routers to the linksys befsr41 and even after firmware
    upgrades on it also, I have the same problem... Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:17:31 -0500, avidfan wrote:

    >I have 5 sun ultra 10's running solaris 8 and 9, one intel running
    >slackware 10 and one intel running windows 2000 all going into an 8
    >port linksys hub and then into a 11s4 v.2 (802.11b) wireless linksys
    >router (along with a windows 98 box on the way). I am running an
    >apache webserver. swbell dsl. Here is my problem:
    >
    >within my LAN, I never have any problems. From the outside, My ssh
    >sessions will just lock up on me at random times. I won't be able to
    >ssh into any of my boxes for about 10 minutes and then I can again.
    >My http traffic is doing the same thing. My website will just lock up
    >for about 10 minutes. If I am in the LAN, I can still access
    >everything even while it is locked externally.
    >
    >I googled this problem and did the following:
    >
    >I upgraded the firmware on my router.
    >
    >I set the router MTU to 1492 along with all of the servers (the
    >windows boxes are set to auto).
    >
    >I have played with various other MTU settings to no avail...
    >
    >Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should be concentrating
    >my efforts? I am assuming this to be a router config problem, but I'm
    >out of ideas.
    >
    >Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >AvidFan

  3. Re: Router locking up? help...

    Use 1.45.7 firmware... most stable

    KK

    "avidfan" wrote in message
    > I changed routers to the linksys befsr41 and even after firmware
    > upgrades on it also, I have the same problem... Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >

    > On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:17:31 -0500, avidfan wrote:
    >
    > >I have 5 sun ultra 10's running solaris 8 and 9, one intel running
    > >slackware 10 and one intel running windows 2000 all going into an 8
    > >port linksys hub and then into a 11s4 v.2 (802.11b) wireless linksys
    > >router (along with a windows 98 box on the way). I am running an
    > >apache webserver. swbell dsl. Here is my problem:
    > >
    > >within my LAN, I never have any problems. From the outside, My ssh
    > >sessions will just lock up on me at random times. I won't be able to
    > >ssh into any of my boxes for about 10 minutes and then I can again.
    > >My http traffic is doing the same thing. My website will just lock up
    > >for about 10 minutes. If I am in the LAN, I can still access
    > >everything even while it is locked externally.
    > >
    > >I googled this problem and did the following:
    > >
    > >I upgraded the firmware on my router.
    > >
    > >I set the router MTU to 1492 along with all of the servers (the
    > >windows boxes are set to auto).
    > >
    > >I have played with various other MTU settings to no avail...
    > >
    > >Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should be concentrating
    > >my efforts? I am assuming this to be a router config problem, but I'm
    > >out of ideas.
    > >
    > >Any help would be appreciated.
    > >
    > >Thanks!
    > >
    > >AvidFan