Firewall Router BEFSX41 versus None Firewall Router BEFSR41 - Routers

This is a discussion on Firewall Router BEFSX41 versus None Firewall Router BEFSR41 - Routers ; Hi all, Always wondered the difference between two routers (BEFSX41 & BEFSR41). It "says" on the box regarding the BEFSX41 "Firewall" router. The other router (BEFSR41) doesn't say this, but if you go into the firmware of this router (BEFSR41), ...

  1. Firewall Router BEFSX41 versus None Firewall Router BEFSR41

    Hi all,
    Always wondered the difference between two routers (BEFSX41 & BEFSR41). It
    "says" on the box regarding the BEFSX41 "Firewall" router. The other router
    (BEFSR41) doesn't say this, but if you go into the firmware of this router
    (BEFSR41), you can turn the firewall on?? Never did understand this.
    I want to buy a Linksys 8 port firewall router, but the box for the 8 port
    (BEFSR81) doesn't say it is a Firewall router, but again, you can go into
    the firmware and turn the firewall on.
    I would really like somebody to explain all of the above.
    Thank you and have a good day,
    R.P.

  2. Re: Firewall Router BEFSX41 versus None Firewall Router BEFSR41

    I have both and there is no where in the SR41 where you can turn on a
    firewall. SR41 does NAT
    The SX41 however has SPI (stateful packet inspection) and has a firewall
    tab. I dont know if they make a SX81, however the SX41 with a switch will
    do just as good as an 8 port router... all traffic goes through NAT and SPI
    before getting to computers.

    KK

    "R.P." wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > Always wondered the difference between two routers (BEFSX41 & BEFSR41). It
    > "says" on the box regarding the BEFSX41 "Firewall" router. The other

    router
    > (BEFSR41) doesn't say this, but if you go into the firmware of this router
    > (BEFSR41), you can turn the firewall on?? Never did understand this.
    > I want to buy a Linksys 8 port firewall router, but the box for the 8 port
    > (BEFSR81) doesn't say it is a Firewall router, but again, you can go into
    > the firmware and turn the firewall on.
    > I would really like somebody to explain all of the above.
    > Thank you and have a good day,
    > R.P.

+ Reply to Thread