I choose a DreyTek 2901 because of its VPN PPTP/L2TP capabilities and
low price. Otherwise I would have gotten a Zyxel USG model, but that
was over twice the price.

The DreyTek has two shortcomings, firstly there is no help in the GUI,
but a Manual is included and there are some fine tutorials on their
website, so that was no problem for me. More important, the Router
lacks a Stateful firewall, which I took for granted. This comes to
show when I use NAT but still want to apply some access-control on
those ports, that's not possible, so I had to configure the firewall
directly on my servers instead because the ports would otherwise be
open to anyone, on the particular servers.

So far the router has been reliable, but I don't know about the long
run.