Choosing a Wired VPN router for Small Business - Routers

This is a discussion on Choosing a Wired VPN router for Small Business - Routers ; Hi all I'm looking for a basic but reliable quality VPN router. A must-have is support for native VPN client in Windows XP and Vista. I like Linksys but open for other recommendations. The Linksys RV042 isn't new and I ...

  1. Choosing a Wired VPN router for Small Business

    Hi all

    I'm looking for a basic but reliable quality VPN router.
    A must-have is support for native VPN client in Windows XP and Vista.

    I like Linksys but open for other recommendations.

    The Linksys RV042 isn't new and I haven't been able to verify whether
    it really supports the Windows VPN client.

    Any inputs, anyone?

    Thank you in advance.

    /Johannes

  2. Re: Choosing a Wired VPN router for Small Business

    Any luck - Im looking for the same native windows VPN client support
    (PPTP) - so far I found:

    snapgear lite (SG300)
    http://www.securecomputing.com/index.cfm?skey=1556

    SMCBR21VPN
    http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?event=v...id=17&pid=1654

    if you have found any others please post - I dont understand why PPTP server
    is so poorly supported by the usual networking manufacturers.

    Cheers
    Steve

    wrote in message
    > Hi all
    >
    > I'm looking for a basic but reliable quality VPN router.
    > A must-have is support for native VPN client in Windows XP and Vista.
    >
    > I like Linksys but open for other recommendations.
    >
    > The Linksys RV042 isn't new and I haven't been able to verify whether
    > it really supports the Windows VPN client.
    >
    > Any inputs, anyone?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    > /Johannes

  3. Re: Choosing a Wired VPN router for Small Business

    just checked out the rv042 you mention - looks like it does support PPTP
    server:

    http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...aqid=5565&lid=

    any more PPTP server VPN routers out there?

    Steve

    wrote in message
    > Hi all
    >
    > I'm looking for a basic but reliable quality VPN router.
    > A must-have is support for native VPN client in Windows XP and Vista.
    >
    > I like Linksys but open for other recommendations.
    >
    > The Linksys RV042 isn't new and I haven't been able to verify whether
    > it really supports the Windows VPN client.
    >
    > Any inputs, anyone?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    > /Johannes

+ Reply to Thread