WAN>LAN throughput - Routers

This is a discussion on WAN>LAN throughput - Routers ; Hi all, I'm new in this group. Hope to find some answers for my LAN. In a few days, I will be hooked up to a 20 mbit internet connection (through cable, not DSL, so it could actually be 20 ...

  1. WAN>LAN throughput

    Hi all,

    I'm new in this group. Hope to find some answers for my LAN.

    In a few days, I will be hooked up to a 20 mbit internet connection (through
    cable, not DSL, so it could actually be 20 mbit for real). I will be sharing
    this connection with about 7 others.

    I am wondering if my router can handle the bandwidth of the internet
    connection. I have a Sitecom WL-176 Wireless Network Storage Router 54g
    Turbo.

    Only the wired throughput really matters, sure WiFi interests me, but it is
    not my major concern. Obviously, it does not need to have a 100 mbit
    throughput, because the internet connection will be 20.

    I've searched the web for information about this router but I cannot find
    the answer. I am hoping someone here can tell me more. Thanks!

    Rens

  2. Re: WAN>LAN throughput

    "Rens Kempen" schreef in bericht

    > I am wondering if my router can handle the bandwidth of the internet
    > connection. I have a Sitecom WL-176 Wireless Network Storage Router 54g
    > Turbo.
    >
    > Only the wired throughput really matters, sure WiFi interests me, but it
    > is not my major concern. Obviously, it does not need to have a 100 mbit
    > throughput, because the internet connection will be 20.

    Sitecom customer support tested the router for me and they tell me it has a
    maximum of 40 mbps. The one who tested it got a 39.7 WAN>LAN throughput so
    that should be enough for my use.

    Thanks.

    Rens

+ Reply to Thread