Dlink WBR2310 - Routers

This is a discussion on Dlink WBR2310 - Routers ; Anyone know of any problems with this router being accessed over the web from outside the network? It is on Bellsouth DSL ( dynamic IP). I wouldn't think they block any ports....

  1. Dlink WBR2310

    Anyone know of any problems with this router being accessed over the web
    from outside the network? It is on Bellsouth DSL ( dynamic IP). I
    wouldn't think they block any ports.

  2. Re: Dlink WBR2310

    "Joe" wrote in message
    news:MaWdndte8q5n1i7VnZ2dnUVZ_tydnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    > Anyone know of any problems with this router being accessed over the web
    > from outside the network? It is on Bellsouth DSL ( dynamic IP). I wouldn't
    > think they block any ports.

    What port are you attempting to use?
    I don't know diddly-squat about Bellsouth, but a lot of ISPs block port 80
    (for example) to prevent people from running "servers" ...

  3. Re: Dlink WBR2310

    Joe wrote:
    > Anyone know of any problems with this router being accessed over the web
    > from outside the network? It is on Bellsouth DSL ( dynamic IP). I
    > wouldn't think they block any ports.

    I am trying to us Port 8080 for the router and 8000 and 8001 for remote
    cameras using port fowarding.

+ Reply to Thread