Router with programmable on-off times? - Routers

This is a discussion on Router with programmable on-off times? - Routers ; I'm looking for a router that can be programmed to turn off and on its wifi signal (but access to the LAN or WAN) at certain times of day. I'm still a bit tinfoil-hatty about wifi exposure for my kids ...

  1. Router with programmable on-off times?

    I'm looking for a router that can be programmed to turn off and on its
    wifi signal (but access to the LAN or WAN) at certain times of day.

    I'm still a bit tinfoil-hatty about wifi exposure for my kids and I
    want to cut the wifi signal off in the evening and overnight to limit
    their exposure when they're asleep. Without re-igniting the
    argument, I suspect wifi is likely safe but I like to error on the
    side of caution with this sorts of things.

    The old D-link router I have can limit incoming connections to certain
    times of day, but it doesn't have the facility to turn the wifi signal
    on and off.

    I tried writing an Applescript routine to do it from my OSX, but had
    inconsistent results.

    I don't know if there's any router with this ability in its firmware.
    Any suggestions of make/model appreciated.

  2. Re: Router with programmable on-off times?

    "S-boy" schreef in bericht

    > I'm looking for a router that can be programmed to turn off and on its
    > wifi signal (but access to the LAN or WAN) at certain times of day.
    > I'm still a bit tinfoil-hatty about wifi exposure for my kids and I
    > want to cut the wifi signal off in the evening and overnight to limit
    > their exposure when they're asleep. Without re-igniting the
    > argument, I suspect wifi is likely safe but I like to error on the
    > side of caution with this sorts of things.
    > The old D-link router I have can limit incoming connections to certain
    > times of day, but it doesn't have the facility to turn the wifi signal
    > on and off.
    > I tried writing an Applescript routine to do it from my OSX, but had
    > inconsistent results.
    > I don't know if there's any router with this ability in its firmware.
    > Any suggestions of make/model appreciated.

    Dunno about routers that have this feature but how about a time clock?
    Prehistorical measures maybe, but it might work... As long as the router
    keeps it's settings saved. You wouldn't need to buy a new router.

    Poor guy that got disconnected but didn't save his work.

+ Reply to Thread