What's a Decent Wired Router? - Routers

This is a discussion on What's a Decent Wired Router? - Routers ; I'm looking for a simple wired router I can get in the local computer big box stores. I don't want wireless capability in this case - just wired only. Connecting 3 PC's to Verizon DSL and one printer. I see ...

  1. What's a Decent Wired Router?

    I'm looking for a simple wired router I can get in the local computer big box stores. I don't want wireless capability in this case - just wired only. Connecting 3 PC's to Verizon DSL and one printer.

    I see several online, for example the following. Can anyone recommend or not recommend any particular brand and model? Looking for under $50.

    Thanks in advance

    Barney

    D-Link Router EBR-2310 4 Port Wired 10/100 Router
    $39.99 retail

  2. Re: What's a Decent Wired Router?

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 19:07:08 -0700, "Barney" wrote:

    >I'm looking for a simple wired router I can get in the local computer big box stores. I don't want wireless capability in this case - just wired only. Connecting 3 PC's to Verizon DSL and one printer.
    >
    >I see several online, for example the following. Can anyone recommend or not recommend any particular brand and model? Looking for under $50.
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >Barney
    >
    >D-Link Router EBR-2310 4 Port Wired 10/100 Router
    >$39.99 retail

    Most any brand will work in your case, just try to stick with a name
    brand one. Is the printer going to be connected to the router too? If
    so your choices will be severly limited unless you have a standard
    networking printer. It will be easier to just hook the printer up to
    one pc and then share it with the other pc's, if it is not a
    networking printer with a standard network cable hookup.

  3. Re: What's a Decent Wired Router?

    Thanks, F/F!

    "f/fgeorge" wrote in message news:8rsqa4hlbu9av9ooro1bf18v5jliekb20k@4ax.com...
    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 19:07:08 -0700, "Barney" wrote:
    >
    > >I'm looking for a simple wired router I can get in the local computer big box stores. I don't want wireless capability in this case - just wired only. Connecting 3 PC's to Verizon DSL and one printer.
    > >
    > >I see several online, for example the following. Can anyone recommend or not recommend any particular brand and model? Looking for under $50.
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance
    > >
    > >Barney
    > >
    > >D-Link Router EBR-2310 4 Port Wired 10/100 Router
    > >$39.99 retail

    > Most any brand will work in your case, just try to stick with a name
    > brand one. Is the printer going to be connected to the router too? If
    > so your choices will be severly limited unless you have a standard
    > networking printer. It will be easier to just hook the printer up to
    > one pc and then share it with the other pc's, if it is not a
    > networking printer with a standard network cable hookup.

+ Reply to Thread