Cannot connect to the internet with a VIA Rhine Ethernet Adapter - Routers

This is a discussion on Cannot connect to the internet with a VIA Rhine Ethernet Adapter - Routers ; I have a Linksys router with 4 devices attached: desktop (wired), printer (wired), iPhone (wireless), laptop (wireless). Suddenly, the desktop cannot access the internet and the status is "aquiring IP address" but never connects. Also, the desktop does not find ...

  1. Cannot connect to the internet with a VIA Rhine Ethernet Adapter

    I have a Linksys router with 4 devices attached: desktop (wired), printer
    (wired), iPhone (wireless), laptop (wireless). Suddenly, the desktop cannot
    access the internet and the status is "aquiring IP address" but never
    connects. Also, the desktop does not find my network when I try Linksys
    advisor. All the other devices on the network work fine and can access the
    internet. I rebooted the modum, plugged the desktop directly to it, and get
    the same result.

  2. Re: Cannot connect to the internet with a VIA Rhine Ethernet Adapter

    Is DHCP running on your computer?

    "Joe Santorsa" <3collies@comcast.net> wrote in message
    news:V9adnZcuPKWmpgLVnZ2dnUVZ_uydnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    >I have a Linksys router with 4 devices attached: desktop (wired), printer
    >(wired), iPhone (wireless), laptop (wireless). Suddenly, the desktop cannot
    >access the internet and the status is "aquiring IP address" but never
    >connects. Also, the desktop does not find my network when I try Linksys
    >advisor. All the other devices on the network work fine and can access the
    >internet. I rebooted the modum, plugged the desktop directly to it, and get
    >the same result.

  3. Re: Cannot connect to the internet with a VIA Rhine Ethernet Adapter

    "M. N." wrote in message
    > Is DHCP running on your computer?
    >
    > "Joe Santorsa" <3collies@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > news:V9adnZcuPKWmpgLVnZ2dnUVZ_uydnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    >>I have a Linksys router with 4 devices attached: desktop (wired), printer
    >>(wired), iPhone (wireless), laptop (wireless). Suddenly, the desktop
    >>cannot access the internet and the status is "aquiring IP address" but
    >>never connects. Also, the desktop does not find my network when I try
    >>Linksys advisor. All the other devices on the network work fine and can
    >>access the internet. I rebooted the modum, plugged the desktop directly to
    >>it, and get the same result.

    Yes,

+ Reply to Thread