Not able to set teh WEP key - Routers

This is a discussion on Not able to set teh WEP key - Routers ; Hello, I have in use a Digiconnect Broadband Router type WIC328 with firmware V1.16 bought by Mycom. Till now I was not using encryption and the router was working O.K. Now I want to use WEP encryption with a 26 ...

  1. Not able to set teh WEP key

    Hello,
    I have in use a Digiconnect Broadband Router type WIC328 with firmware V1.16
    bought by Mycom. Till now I was not using encryption and the router was
    working O.K. Now I want to use WEP encryption with a 26 character key. When
    I logon to the router and go to menu Wiresless Security to set WEP on, then
    I expect the posibility to set the encryption key but I don't get this
    screen to set the key. New firmware for this router is not available.
    Who can help me?
    Thanks in advance. Jan

  2. Re: Not able to set teh WEP key

    Problem is solved.

    The reason was FireFox could not work with this router. IE V6 and V7 gives
    no problem.
    I did some investigations in both cases I took a a look to the html code,
    there I saw in both cases two files named ´broadband router_files´ and
    ´broadband router.htm´. The contents of these files are not the same
    between Firefox and IE. I don´t not why. I think you need a protocol
    analyzer to see what is sent by Firefox and by IE. But any way it is working
    now.

    Thanks so far. Jan (the Netherlands)
    "Jan PA1RQR" schreef in bericht
    > Hello,
    > I have in use a Digiconnect Broadband Router type WIC328 with firmware
    > V1.16 bought by Mycom. Till now I was not using encryption and the router
    > was working O.K. Now I want to use WEP encryption with a 26 character key.
    > When I logon to the router and go to menu Wiresless Security to set WEP
    > on, then I expect the posibility to set the encryption key but I don't get
    > this screen to set the key. New firmware for this router is not
    > available.
    > Who can help me?
    > Thanks in advance. Jan

  3. Re: Not able to set teh WEP key

    In the mean time I did an upgrade of Firefox to V3.0 but the result is the
    same not able to configurate the router.
    Jan
    > Problem is solved.
    >
    > The reason was FireFox could not work with this router. IE V6 and V7
    > gives no problem.
    > I did some investigations in both cases I took a a look to the html code,
    > there I saw in both cases two files named ´broadband router_files´ and
    > ´broadband router.htm´. The contents of these files are not the same
    > between Firefox and IE. I don´t not why. I think you need a protocol
    > analyzer to see what is sent by Firefox and by IE. But any way it is
    > working now.
    >
    > Thanks so far. Jan (the Netherlands)
    > "Jan PA1RQR" schreef in bericht
    >> Hello,
    >> I have in use a Digiconnect Broadband Router type WIC328 with firmware
    >> V1.16 bought by Mycom. Till now I was not using encryption and the router
    >> was working O.K. Now I want to use WEP encryption with a 26 character
    >> key. When I logon to the router and go to menu Wiresless Security to set
    >> WEP on, then I expect the posibility to set the encryption key but I
    >> don't get this screen to set the key. New firmware for this router is
    >> not available.
    >> Who can help me?
    >> Thanks in advance. Jan

+ Reply to Thread