IP Address - Routers

This is a discussion on IP Address - Routers ; Can anyone tell me how to find my IP address. I am using windowsXP home charles...

  1. IP Address

    Can anyone tell me how to find my IP address. I am using windowsXP home
    charles

  2. Re: IP Address

    Start | Programs | Accessories | Command Prompt, type "ipconfig " at the
    command prompt, then press Enter.

    You seem to be using HTML formatted messages. When I view your messages,
    they are blank (i.e.: just white space).

    To view the content I have to select View | Message Source, then look
    past all the clutter. This is detrimental to getting responses to your
    questions.

    Best Regards,
    News Reader

  3. Re: IP Address

    "Charles Arnett" wrote in message
    Can anyone tell me how to find my IP address. I am using windowsXP home
    charles

    That depends on whether or not you are behind a router...

    If you open a command window (Start | Run | cmd) you will get a dos-style
    prompt; at that prompt type:

    ipconfig

    and press return. The result will include lines like this:

    Your IP address is shown... If it starts (like mine does) with 192.168. or
    10. or 172.16 then what you are seeing is the IP address that your router
    has assigned to you (and internal IP address that is not the same as your
    Internet-facing IP address). To reliably see your Internet-facing IP
    address, you can simply point your browser to:

    http://www.whatismyip.com/

    Hope this helps...

  4. Re: IP Address

    On 2008-06-20 18:19:18, News Reader wrote:

    > You seem to be using HTML formatted messages. When I view your messages,
    > they are blank (i.e.: just white space).

    This message was multi-part MIME with both plain text and HTML parts, and
    with my reader, the plain text part was normally visible:

    : This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    :
    : ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C8D2F7.C8895E60
    :
    : Can anyone tell me how to find my IP address. I am using windowsXP home

    Gerhard

  5. Re: IP Address

    Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
    > On 2008-06-20 18:19:18, News Reader wrote:
    >
    >> You seem to be using HTML formatted messages. When I view your messages,
    >> they are blank (i.e.: just white space).

    > This message was multi-part MIME with both plain text and HTML parts, and
    > with my reader, the plain text part was normally visible:
    >
    > : This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    > :
    > : ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C8D2F7.C8895E60
    > :
    > : Can anyone tell me how to find my IP address. I am using windowsXP home
    >
    > Gerhard

    Just an observation:

    Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 | View menu | Message Body As | Original HTML,
    Simple HTML, or Plain Text

    .... doesn't matter what it is set to, Charles' message aren't readable
    (just white space).

    Have not observed this with posts from other sources.

    Best Regards,
    News Reader

  6. Re: IP Address

    I have changed my messages to plain text. all should be able to read them.
    I had changed my email earlier but didn't change my news.

    "News Reader" wrote in message
    > Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
    >> On 2008-06-20 18:19:18, News Reader wrote:
    >>
    >>> You seem to be using HTML formatted messages. When I view your messages,
    >>> they are blank (i.e.: just white space).

    >> This message was multi-part MIME with both plain text and HTML parts, and
    >> with my reader, the plain text part was normally visible:
    >>
    >> : This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    >> : : ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C8D2F7.C8895E60
    >> : : Can anyone tell me how to find my IP address. I am using windowsXP
    >> home
    >>
    >> Gerhard

    > Just an observation:
    >
    > Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 | View menu | Message Body As | Original HTML, Simple
    > HTML, or Plain Text
    >
    > ... doesn't matter what it is set to, Charles' message aren't readable
    > (just white space).
    >
    > Have not observed this with posts from other sources.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > News Reader

  7. Re: IP Address

    Charles Arnett wrote:
    > I have changed my messages to plain text. all should be able to read them.
    > I had changed my email earlier but didn't change my news.
    >

    > "News Reader" wrote in message
    >> Gerhard Fiedler wrote:

    >>> This message was multi-part MIME with both plain text and HTML parts, and
    >>> with my reader, the plain text part was normally visible:
    >>>
    >>> : This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    >>> : : ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C8D2F7.C8895E60
    >>> : : Can anyone tell me how to find my IP address. I am using windowsXP
    >>> home
    >>>
    >>> Gerhard

    >> Just an observation:
    >>
    >> Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 | View menu | Message Body As | Original HTML, Simple
    >> HTML, or Plain Text
    >>
    >> ... doesn't matter what it is set to, Charles' message aren't readable
    >> (just white space).
    >>
    >> Have not observed this with posts from other sources.
    >>
    >> Best Regards,
    >> News Reader

    Charles:

    Confirming that the content of this post is now visible with my newsreader.

    Best Regards,
    News Reader

+ Reply to Thread