  2. Re: Cannot access network drives

    From: "Stan Jones"

    | I've had two Iomega NAS drives networked to my two computers for years.
    | This morning I got Roadrunner installed. Now the Iomega Discovery software
    | can't find the drives. My Network Places doesn't even show them as
    | disconnected.
    |
    | What could the installer have done to me when he setup the Internet
    | connection?
    |
    | Stan

    And this has to do with a Router because... ?

    --
    Dave

  3. Re: Cannot access network drives

    > And this has to do with a Router because... ?

    Because they're all connected via a router.

    Just asking for a little help if anyone has any suggestions.

    Stan

  4. Re: Cannot access network drives

    From: "Stan Jones"

    | Because they're all connected via a router.
    |
    | Just asking for a little help if anyone has any suggestions.
    |
    | Stan

    Not really because if there was no Router, just a hub or e-switch, the problem would not
    change. It is a protocol networking question.

    What you need to do is examine the underlying protocol. Is is NetBIOS over IP, SMB or...
    what ?

    Is there authentication involverd ?

    Can you ping the appliance ?

    Can you see Browse the appliance either by name or IP ?

    --
    Dave