How to Access Global IP Address with in Intranet - Routers

This is a discussion on How to Access Global IP Address with in Intranet - Routers ; Hi We have created a webpage which is in oracle server and mapped the oracle server to our global IP Address [which is the IP of our Office Router]. People out side of our Office can access that web page, ...

  1. How to Access Global IP Address with in Intranet

    Hi

    We have created a webpage which is in oracle server and mapped the
    oracle server to our global IP Address [which is the IP of our Office
    Router]. People out side of our Office can access that web page, but
    within intranet [within office] we are not able to open the webpage
    using global ip address. The web page is opening if i use local ip
    address.

    My Problem: I am not able to access to Web Page within my Office.

    Here are my configuration:

    [Oracle Server]<-------------------------
    >Router<----------------------->Internet [out side of the office]

    Oracle Server is in our office and its IP is in router table.

    Here is Flow:

    Request from Internet------------>Router------------------->Oracle
    Server, In this case it works fine, i.e web page loads,

    BUT,

    Intra net [within our office]-------------->Router--------------------
    >Oracle Server, Here we are not able to access the Web Page.

    What happens here in this case is, When request, using global ip
    address[router], from Intranet goes to our office router, the router
    is not able to redirect that request to our own Oracle Server which is
    in our office.

    Router is: Zyxel P660RT1 v1.0

    Please let me know the solution for the problem.

    It would be great full for the help.

    Thanks a lot in advance.

    Thanks

  2. Re: How to Access Global IP Address with in Intranet

    wrote in message

    > We have created a webpage which is in oracle server and mapped the
    > oracle server to our global IP Address [which is the IP of our Office
    > Router]. People out side of our Office can access that web page, but
    > within intranet [within office] we are not able to open the webpage
    > using global ip address. The web page is opening if i use local ip
    > address.

    [snipped]
    > Router is: Zyxel P660RT1 v1.0

    This question comes up from time to time. What you are looking for is 'NAT
    loopback' on the router. Most home routers don't have it, but it is present
    on at least on some ZyXEL models and normally disabled (I am not familiar
    with your router model or even ZyXEL in general). Google for 'loopback' and
    'zyxel'.

    --
    JL

+ Reply to Thread