looking for a router - Routers

This is a discussion on looking for a router - Routers ; Is there a router that will allow users to block access to certain websites by entering their domains or IP addresses?...

  1. looking for a router

    Is there a router that will allow users to block access to certain websites
    by entering their domains or IP addresses?

  2. Re: looking for a router

    "Mark" wrote in message
    > Is there a router that will allow users to block access to certain
    > websites by entering their domains or IP addresses?

    Certainly DLink routers can do this (I presume their firmware is pretty
    standard across the product line, so I would guess this capability is on all
    their models...) You can block URL access by strings (eg: nothing with
    "porn" in the name or you can obviously include much larger strings that
    have less chance of tripping on something that is only close).

    Any router that advertises "parental controls" likely has similar features.
    Basically, if the URL is in a list or has string that is forbidden then the
    router blocks it.

    HTH

  3. Re: looking for a router

    I wish Linsys BEFSR41 could do this.