SSL-VPN - Routers

This is a discussion on SSL-VPN - Routers ; Anyone got any advice for a fella looking to buy a router with a built in SSL-VPN, so I can VPN into my home network from work / elsewhere?...

  1. SSL-VPN

    Anyone got any advice for a fella looking to buy a router with a built in
    SSL-VPN, so I can VPN into my home network from work / elsewhere?

  2. Re: SSL-VPN

    Ok - so let me make this more specific.

    I've had a bad experience with a Linksys RVL200. Have other folks had
    stability / security issues with this model. What device did you replace it
    with?

    Cheers

    Den

    "Den Murray" wrote in message
    > Anyone got any advice for a fella looking to buy a router with a built in
    > SSL-VPN, so I can VPN into my home network from work / elsewhere?

  3. Re: SSL-VPN

    linux box@home?

    Den Murray wrote:
    > Ok - so let me make this more specific.
    >
    > I've had a bad experience with a Linksys RVL200. Have other folks had
    > stability / security issues with this model. What device did you replace it
    > with?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Den
    >
    > "Den Murray" wrote in message
    >> Anyone got any advice for a fella looking to buy a router with a built in
    >> SSL-VPN, so I can VPN into my home network from work / elsewhere?

  4. Re: SSL-VPN

    Linksys WRT54GL, reflash with DD-WRT firmware (http://www.dd-wrt.com). Get
    the v24 VPN build. It contains OpenVPN, an open source SSL VPN solution.
    Search the Wiki on the site for OpenVPN, it's got good instructions on
    setting up the server and client side. Use the "Server mode with Static
    Keys" instructions.

    Make sure to buy the GL model, as the newer WRT54G's only have half the
    flash and RAM. You can also sometimes find good deals on older WRT54G's on
    eBay, just make sure it's version 4 or lower.

    "Den Murray" wrote in message
    > Anyone got any advice for a fella looking to buy a router with a built in
    > SSL-VPN, so I can VPN into my home network from work / elsewhere?

+ Reply to Thread