Hi guys!
This is my first post
I am currently facing on having access to an external (with external I mean I cannot control it ) VPN.

At this moment, I am renting a CISCO PIX 501. The network administrator from my hosting provider, set the VPN client access up when I gave him the conf.

Now, due we are just start ups... we want (need) to reduce the cost of the hosting. For doing so, we would like to connect via software to VPN and stop paying the CISCO PIX 501.

My point is... I am newbie to this... how do I get my FreeBSD server connected as client to this VPN (cisco VPN 3080) ?

The VPN doc from the VPN owner says:

VPN Gateway Info

* VPN owner *

Name: XXXXX
IP: XXX.XXX.XXX.230
Version: 4.7

- Tunnel properties
Phase 1:
Auth method: pre-shared key
Encrypt schema: IKE
Diffie-Hellman group: Group 2
Hash algoritm: SHA-1
Mode: main
lifetime (renegociation): 86400 secs
Phase 2:
ESP or AH : ESP
Encrypt algoritm: 3DES
Auth algoritm: SHA-1
PFS : No-PFS
lifetime (renegociation): 3600 secs
key interchange for subnets: yes

Required Access rules:

Source: XXX.XXX.XXX.111 Target: XXX.XXX.XXX.225, TCP 7898, Allow, Permanent
Source: XXX.XXX.XXX.255 Target: XXX.XXX.XXX.111, TCP 7898

Any idea of how to get that done just with my FreeBSD box ( the same of the application I need to connect over the network ) and replace the Cisco PIX ?

Thanks a lot and sorry if all this sounded obvious ....

Regards,

Lukas.