netgear WGT624v3 and ARP - Routers

This is a discussion on netgear WGT624v3 and ARP - Routers ; Hello, I've the netgear WGT624v3, I can telnet to it and I'd like to add a single Static ARP Cache Entry (for WOL purpouses). is it possible? the ip arp add [ip_number] [mac_address] command goes ok but ***only*** for a ...

  1. netgear WGT624v3 and ARP

    Hello,
    I've the netgear WGT624v3, I can telnet to it and I'd like to add a
    single Static ARP Cache Entry (for WOL purpouses).
    is it possible?
    the

    ip arp add [ip_number] [mac_address]

    command goes ok but ***only*** for a dynamic entry.

    thanks a lot in advance for your reply,

    fabianope

  2. Re: netgear WGT624v3 and ARP

    You need to forward the packets to the broadcast address of the router.
    wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I've the netgear WGT624v3, I can telnet to it and I'd like to add a
    > single Static ARP Cache Entry (for WOL purpouses).
    > is it possible?
    > the
    >
    > ip arp add [ip_number] [mac_address]
    >
    > command goes ok but ***only*** for a dynamic entry.
    >
    > thanks a lot in advance for your reply,
    >
    > fabianope

  3. Re: netgear WGT624v3 and ARP

    Hi, kaz
    befor all, thanks for the reply
    On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:03:26 GMT, "kaz" wrote:

    >You need to forward the packets to the broadcast address of the router.

    that's another interesting story
    wgt624v3 doesn't permit a port forwarding to 192.168.0.255 (that's my
    broadcast address, the router is 192.168.0.1 and all the other LAN PCs
    are 192.168.0.xxx).
    I've hacked the javascript on its configuration pages and I've made
    the port forward to .255....still nothing!!!
    it runs OK only ***within the lan*** not outside.
    here the only solution at now AFAIK is a static entry on the ARP
    table.

    Please do you know some models (possibly cheap) that permits static
    entries?

    I use the router for an Hiperlan (iee 802.11a) internet connection, as
    my country is not yet covered by the ADSL.

    thanks a lot in advance for your help and your reply,

    fabianope

    > wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >> I've the netgear WGT624v3, I can telnet to it and I'd like to add a
    >> single Static ARP Cache Entry (for WOL purpouses).
    >> is it possible?
    >> the
    >>
    >> ip arp add [ip_number] [mac_address]
    >>
    >> command goes ok but ***only*** for a dynamic entry.
    >>
    >> thanks a lot in advance for your reply,
    >>
    >> fabianope

  4. Re: netgear WGT624v3 and ARP

    I was able to disable javascript in a Linksys Befsx41 router and enter the
    broadcast address. The router then passes the packets through, and I can
    wake the computer remotely.

    I am not that familiar hiperlan, but I know WOL won't work with a wireless
    lan adapter because of the identifier sent with the packets. That may be
    your problem.

    Good Luck.
    wrote in message
    > Hi, kaz
    > befor all, thanks for the reply
    > On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:03:26 GMT, "kaz" wrote:
    >
    >>You need to forward the packets to the broadcast address of the router.

    > that's another interesting story
    > wgt624v3 doesn't permit a port forwarding to 192.168.0.255 (that's my
    > broadcast address, the router is 192.168.0.1 and all the other LAN PCs
    > are 192.168.0.xxx).
    > I've hacked the javascript on its configuration pages and I've made
    > the port forward to .255....still nothing!!!
    > it runs OK only ***within the lan*** not outside.
    > here the only solution at now AFAIK is a static entry on the ARP
    > table.
    >
    > Please do you know some models (possibly cheap) that permits static
    > entries?
    >
    > I use the router for an Hiperlan (iee 802.11a) internet connection, as
    > my country is not yet covered by the ADSL.
    >
    > thanks a lot in advance for your help and your reply,
    >
    > fabianope
    >

    >> wrote in message
    >>> Hello,
    >>> I've the netgear WGT624v3, I can telnet to it and I'd like to add a
    >>> single Static ARP Cache Entry (for WOL purpouses).
    >>> is it possible?
    >>> the
    >>>
    >>> ip arp add [ip_number] [mac_address]
    >>>
    >>> command goes ok but ***only*** for a dynamic entry.
    >>>
    >>> thanks a lot in advance for your reply,
    >>>
    >>> fabianope

+ Reply to Thread