Speedtouch 585 Keeps Resetting - Routers

This is a discussion on Speedtouch 585 Keeps Resetting - Routers ; At apparently random intervals of a few days or a week or so the router resets itself. It is detected by sudden loss of LAN/Internet. If I am the same room as router and quickly look at it, all lights ...

  1. Speedtouch 585 Keeps Resetting

    At apparently random intervals of a few days or a week or so the router
    resets itself.

    It is detected by sudden loss of LAN/Internet. If I am the same room as
    router and quickly look at it, all lights are out except the power
    light which is red. After a few seconds the power light goes green and
    the router goes through the normal process until all lights are steady
    green (as if one had just switched on). Normal service resumes.

    There are no known mains power supply problems. (I have a digital clock
    which is sensitive to very short mains interruptions - it does not
    trip, also no PCs go down). It is not associated with a LAN connected
    PC being switched on.

    The power supply is from the original OEM AC ADAPTER Model No AA-181AD.

    The router is normally left on continuously.

    It is connected to BT Yahoo broadband.

    Please can anyone suggest what is wrong?

    Turps

  2. Re: Speedtouch 585 Keeps Resetting

    Turps wrote on 07/04/2008 10:02:09:
    > At apparently random intervals of a few days or a week or so the router
    > resets itself.
    >
    > It is detected by sudden loss of LAN/Internet. If I am the same room as
    > router and quickly look at it, all lights are out except the power light
    > which is red. After a few seconds the power light goes green and the router
    > goes through the normal process until all lights are steady green (as if one
    > had just switched on). Normal service resumes.
    >
    > There are no known mains power supply problems. (I have a digital clock which
    > is sensitive to very short mains interruptions - it does not trip, also no
    > PCs go down). It is not associated with a LAN connected PC being switched on.
    >
    > The power supply is from the original OEM AC ADAPTER Model No AA-181AD.
    >
    > The router is normally left on continuously.
    >
    > It is connected to BT Yahoo broadband.
    >
    > Please can anyone suggest what is wrong?
    >
    > Turps

    Without the hassle I expected, the manufacturer has agreed that it is a
    hardware fault, and I am getting a replacement under warranty.

+ Reply to Thread