Device Available to connect Wired router from Wireless Device? - Routers

This is a discussion on Device Available to connect Wired router from Wireless Device? - Routers ; I want to go on internet using Wireless LAN card of my new notebook. However, I am having Wired router at my home. Is there any device available in Market so that I can attach that device to my router ...

  1. Device Available to connect Wired router from Wireless Device?

    I want to go on internet using Wireless LAN card of my new notebook.
    However, I am having Wired router at my home. Is there any device
    available in Market so that I can attach that device to my router so
    that it can allow 1 wireless connection ?

    All inputs are welcome.

    Rak****

  2. Re: Device Available to connect Wired router from Wireless Device?

    Bakshi wrote:
    > I want to go on internet using Wireless LAN card of my new notebook.
    > However, I am having Wired router at my home. Is there any device
    > available in Market so that I can attach that device to my router so
    > that it can allow 1 wireless connection ?
    >
    > All inputs are welcome.
    >
    > Rak****

    Rak****:

    What you want is called a "Wireless Access Point".

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_access_point

    HTH & GL

    John

    --
    \\\||///
    ------------------o000----(o)(o)----000o----------------

    John Dulak - Gnomeway Services - http://tinyurl.com/2qs6o6

  3. Re: Device Available to connect Wired router from Wireless Device?

    On Mar 22, 8:44*pm, John Dulak wrote:
    > Bakshi wrote:
    > > I want to go on internet using Wireless LAN card of my new notebook.
    > > However, I am having Wired router at my home. *Is there any device
    > > available in Market so that I can attach that device to my router so
    > > that it can allow 1 wireless connection ?

    > > All inputs are welcome.

    > > Rak****

    > Rak****:
    >
    > What you want is called a "Wireless Access Point".
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_access_point
    >
    > HTH & GL
    >
    > John
    >
    > --
    > * * * * * * * * * * * * * \\\||///
    > '' Madness takes its toll - Please have exact change. ''
    >
    > * John Dulak - Gnomeway Services -http://tinyurl.com/2qs6o6

    Thanks John,

    I search on Internet it looks like Access point is more expensive then
    Wireless Router.

    May be I will go with buying new Wireless Router

    Thanks by the way.

+ Reply to Thread