Re: How much can one router port handle? - Routers

This is a discussion on Re: How much can one router port handle? - Routers ; thanks for the answer. I didnt think that the switches and router models mattered since perhaps foolishly that 10/100 is asumed, I suppose nothing should be asumed. Your question on the type of service we have is well taken. And ...

  1. Re: How much can one router port handle?

    thanks for the answer. I didnt think that the switches and router
    models mattered since perhaps foolishly that 10/100 is asumed, I
    suppose nothing should be asumed. Your question on the type of service
    we have is well taken. And frankly I'm not sure. Of course what ever
    they tell us its probably about 1/2 of what we get. And then there is
    also the issue of upload speeds to download speeds which I think
    typically vary.

    I suppose there may be web sites that can test your speed, I duno.

    What you say makes sense. I suppose I wondered if there was some sort
    of advantage to agregate thoughput through several ports rather than
    putting it all through one.

    Regards

  2. Re: How much can one router port handle?

    "steve" wrote in message
    > thanks for the answer. I didnt think that the switches and router
    > models mattered since perhaps foolishly that 10/100 is asumed, I
    > suppose nothing should be asumed. Your question on the type of service
    > we have is well taken. And frankly I'm not sure. Of course what ever
    > they tell us its probably about 1/2 of what we get. And then there is
    > also the issue of upload speeds to download speeds which I think
    > typically vary.
    >
    > I suppose there may be web sites that can test your speed, I duno.
    >
    > What you say makes sense. I suppose I wondered if there was some sort
    > of advantage to agregate thoughput through several ports rather than
    > putting it all through one.
    >
    > Regards

    Google "speedtest" and try several different locations, Close to you and far
    away.

    Dale

+ Reply to Thread