Wan IP at Flat /Router not responding - Routers

This is a discussion on Wan IP at Flat /Router not responding - Routers ; I have set up a wireless cam on my network in my flat. I am using LinkSYS software on my PC at home to capture movement outside the flat. I have configured the router to allow port forwarding, I can ...

  1. Wan IP at Flat /Router not responding

    I have set up a wireless cam on my network in my flat.

    I am using LinkSYS software on my PC at home to capture movement outside the
    flat.

    I have configured the router to allow port forwarding, I can view the camera
    live at my flat from my home, but what I cannot do for some reason is
    connect to my Belkin router anymore, I get "This Page Cannot be Displayed",
    it only stopped working the last few days, prior to that it was fine.

    I can ping the WAN IP which by the way I have set to static, of my router
    and get 0% loss returned.

    I also have a PC on the router on all the time which also captures movement
    via the wireless cam outside my flat, I cannot connect to that either, my
    WAN IP at my flat is 86.???.???.???:8080

    8080 is the port forwarding for the router, port 80 is the wireless cam and
    port 5800 is for my PC in which I used Ultra VNC to connect to it.

    Does anyone have any ideas why I cannot connect to my routers Web home page
    configuration anymore using WANIP and port 8080.

    thanks

    Macroman

  2. Re: Wan IP at Flat /Router not responding

    PS Forgot to mention Windows task manager is checking emails every hour and
    if certain emails recieved(Rules applied), I get an email forward to my
    Hotmail, this is working ok so I know PC is online at the flat.

    "Macroman" wrote in message
    >I have set up a wireless cam on my network in my flat.
    >
    > I am using LinkSYS software on my PC at home to capture movement outside
    > the flat.
    >
    > I have configured the router to allow port forwarding, I can view the
    > camera live at my flat from my home, but what I cannot do for some reason
    > is connect to my Belkin router anymore, I get "This Page Cannot be
    > Displayed", it only stopped working the last few days, prior to that it
    > was fine.
    >
    > I can ping the WAN IP which by the way I have set to static, of my router
    > and get 0% loss returned.
    >
    > I also have a PC on the router on all the time which also captures
    > movement via the wireless cam outside my flat, I cannot connect to that
    > either, my WAN IP at my flat is 86.???.???.???:8080
    >
    > 8080 is the port forwarding for the router, port 80 is the wireless cam
    > and port 5800 is for my PC in which I used Ultra VNC to connect to it.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas why I cannot connect to my routers Web home
    > page configuration anymore using WANIP and port 8080.
    >

    > thanks
    >
    > Macroman

+ Reply to Thread