open firmware - Routers

This is a discussion on open firmware - Routers ; Recently i know about the open firmware for routers, but at this time i am only know about wirless routers open firmare such as projects dd- wrt and openwrt, i have some old routers, and those have some incompatibilities or ...

  1. open firmware

    Recently i know about the open firmware for routers, but at this time
    i am only know about wirless routers open firmare such as projects dd-
    wrt and openwrt, i have some old routers, and those have some
    incompatibilities or problems, for example i have a dlink di 704p
    router, someone knows about open firmare for old or new routers, .

    Cheers.
    Felipe

  2. Re: open firmware

    I have an old SMC 7004, which is basically the same as your 704p, with a
    slightly different case. I looked all over the place and couldn't find any
    open source firmware for it. Probably just as well, though. It's only got a
    80186 CPU and 256K of RAM. Not going to get much functionality out of that
    over the stock firmware.

    "Felipe Alcacibar B" wrote in message
    > Recently i know about the open firmware for routers, but at this time
    > i am only know about wirless routers open firmare such as projects dd-
    > wrt and openwrt, i have some old routers, and those have some
    > incompatibilities or problems, for example i have a dlink di 704p
    > router, someone knows about open firmare for old or new routers, .
    >

    > Cheers.
    > Felipe

+ Reply to Thread