best out of the box wireless router for uTorrent - Routers

This is a discussion on best out of the box wireless router for uTorrent - Routers ; My old belkin router can not handle bittorrents and I want to buy a wireless router that works well out of the box. I don't want to fool around with custom firmware. I want to unbox it, plug it in, ...

  1. best out of the box wireless router for uTorrent

    My old belkin router can not handle bittorrents and I want to buy a wireless
    router that works well out of the box. I don't want to fool around with
    custom firmware. I want to unbox it, plug it in, configure it and have it
    work. I know this has probally been asked and answered a hundred times but
    thanks for the help.

    Todd

  2. Re: best out of the box wireless router for uTorrent

    "Todd Hayslett" wrote in message
    : My old belkin router can not handle bittorrents and I want to buy a
    wireless
    : router that works well out of the box. I don't want to fool around with
    : custom firmware. I want to unbox it, plug it in, configure it and have it
    : work. I know this has probally been asked and answered a hundred times but
    : thanks for the help.
    :
    : Todd
    :

    I don't know a router that can't "handle" torrents.

    Pick any?

  3. Re: best out of the box wireless router for uTorrent

    "Cork Soaker" wrote in message

    > "Todd Hayslett" wrote in message
    > : My old belkin router can not handle bittorrents and I want to buy a
    > wireless
    > : router that works well out of the box. I don't want to fool around with
    > : custom firmware. I want to unbox it, plug it in, configure it and have
    > it
    > : work. I know this has probally been asked and answered a hundred times
    > but
    > : thanks for the help.
    > :
    > : Todd
    > :
    >
    > I don't know a router that can't "handle" torrents.
    >
    > Pick any?

    Maybe I should have been more precise. I need a router that can run 24/7 and
    handle the thousands of connections that requires and not need to be
    rebooted every hour. Yes I know I can go buy a $300 router that will do
    whatever but I want something cheaper.

    Todd

  4. Re: best out of the box wireless router for uTorrent

    Cork Soaker wrote:
    > "Todd Hayslett" wrote in message
    >> My old belkin router can not handle bittorrents and I want to buy a
    >> wireless router that works well out of the box. I don't want to fool
    >> around with custom firmware. I want to unbox it, plug it in,
    >> configure it and have it work. I know this has probally been asked
    >> and answered a hundred times but thanks for the help.
    >>
    >> Todd
    >>

    > I don't know a router that can't "handle" torrents.
    >
    > Pick any?

    d-link 604T. terrible at p2p, works best with a timer on the power to turn
    off every hour or so

    i've used netgear 834gt without any probs

  5. Re: best out of the box wireless router for uTorrent

    :
    : "Cork Soaker" wrote in message
    : news:fn7l9c$qbk$1@registered.motzarella.org...
    : >
    : > "Todd Hayslett" wrote in message
    : > news:ef0e$47973506$cef8e755$973@NAXS.COM...
    : > : My old belkin router can not handle bittorrents and I want to buy a
    : > wireless
    : > : router that works well out of the box. I don't want to fool around
    with
    : > : custom firmware. I want to unbox it, plug it in, configure it and have
    : > it
    : > : work. I know this has probally been asked and answered a hundred times
    : > but
    : > : thanks for the help.
    : > :
    : > : Todd
    : > :
    : >
    : > I don't know a router that can't "handle" torrents.
    : >
    : > Pick any?
    : >
    : >
    :
    : Maybe I should have been more precise. I need a router that can run 24/7
    and
    : handle the thousands of connections that requires and not need to be
    : rebooted every hour. Yes I know I can go buy a $300 router that will do
    : whatever but I want something cheaper.
    :
    : Todd
    :

    You get what you pay for.

    I used a Draytek Vigor 2800G, which works fine. If it gets stuck for
    sessions, it just resets, but I've never managed to make it do that (it's
    predecessor, 2600G did it a few times).

    Aye, it's a bit more expensive mind.

  6. Re: best out of the box wireless router for uTorrent

    On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:43:13 -0500, "Todd Hayslett"
    wrote:

    >My old belkin router can not handle bittorrents and I want to buy a wireless
    >router that works well out of the box. I don't want to fool around with
    >custom firmware. I want to unbox it, plug it in, configure it and have it
    >work. I know this has probally been asked and answered a hundred times but
    >thanks for the help.
    >
    >Todd

    Todd;

    Take a look at the Netopia 33xx-ENT series. They are enterprise grade
    and most models cost around $100+/-. We run dozens of them in 24/7
    financial transaction applications and they perform flawlessly.

    see www.netopia.com - broadban routers

    Bob

+ Reply to Thread