WIRELESS USB ADAPTER - Routers

This is a discussion on WIRELESS USB ADAPTER - Routers ; Everytime I start up my desktop, my wireless usb adapter is disconnected. I have to reconnect it and put in the 26 hex number each time the computer is started. I have xp on my machine. The wireless usb adapter ...

  1. WIRELESS USB ADAPTER

    Everytime I start up my desktop, my wireless usb adapter is disconnected. I
    have to reconnect it and put in the 26 hex number each time the computer is
    started. I have xp on my machine. The wireless usb adapter is linksys
    wusb54g. These are the troubleshooting steps that I take so far without
    success: Uninstall and reinstall latest driver. Try a different card,
    Hawking Technology HWUG1. I have a belkin router that has not cause a
    problem with the other computers in the home. Any advise would be
    appreciated.

  2. Re: WIRELESS USB ADAPTER

    I was able to solve my problem by creating a profile.

    "A. LEVINE" wrote in message
    news:qomdnTeYnq4QrgjanZ2dnUVZ_hisnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    > Everytime I start up my desktop, my wireless usb adapter is disconnected.
    > have to reconnect it and put in the 26 hex number each time the computer
    > is
    > started. I have xp on my machine. The wireless usb adapter is linksys
    > wusb54g. These are the troubleshooting steps that I take so far without
    > success: Uninstall and reinstall latest driver. Try a different card,
    > Hawking Technology HWUG1. I have a belkin router that has not cause a
    > problem with the other computers in the home. Any advise would be
    > appreciated.

  3. Re: WIRELESS USB ADAPTER

    Try to use WEP IO WPA/2 pls be wise you have AP Belkin with client Linksys
    wusb54g/ Hawking Technology HWUG1 sometime create a little issues
    incompatibility. You donot need to make very secure of your little network
    try WEP(ten digits) is enough.

    Answer to remember: some issues of the USB port in computer doesnot support
    USB ver2, go & buy usb hub ver 1.0 or 1.1 for backward compatibility.
    Install your USB driver manually, when windows ask, you have to choose your
    own.
    Have fun...Ta
    "A. LEVINE" wrote in message
    news:qomdnTeYnq4QrgjanZ2dnUVZ_hisnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    > Everytime I start up my desktop, my wireless usb adapter is disconnected.
    > have to reconnect it and put in the 26 hex number each time the computer
    > is
    > started. I have xp on my machine. The wireless usb adapter is linksys
    > wusb54g. These are the troubleshooting steps that I take so far without
    > success: Uninstall and reinstall latest driver. Try a different card,
    > Hawking Technology HWUG1. I have a belkin router that has not cause a
    > problem with the other computers in the home. Any advise would be
    > appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread