Can't find a shared folder on the network - Routers

This is a discussion on Can't find a shared folder on the network - Routers ; I just installed a Lynksys WRT54G. It is running off a Motorola SB5120 modum. I have an HP printer and a desktop wired through the switch and an HP laptop running on the wireless end. The desktop is running Windows ...

  1. Can't find a shared folder on the network

    I just installed a Lynksys WRT54G. It is running off a Motorola SB5120
    modum. I have an HP printer and a desktop wired through the switch and an HP
    laptop running on the wireless end. The desktop is running Windows XP Pro
    SP2 and the laptop is running Windows Vista Home Premium. After installing
    the Lynksys software and configuration wizard things set up pretty smoothly
    with just on little detail. I set a folder on the XP machine to share with
    other network users but it does not appear anywhere on my laptop network
    places. I can see the printer, but not this shared folder. What am I doing
    wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.

  2. Re: Can't find a shared folder on the network

    "Zod" wrote in message
    news:_MWdnYW6ytciYwnanZ2dnUVZ_vGinZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    :I just installed a Lynksys WRT54G. It is running off a Motorola SB5120
    : modum. I have an HP printer and a desktop wired through the switch and an
    HP
    : laptop running on the wireless end. The desktop is running Windows XP Pro
    : SP2 and the laptop is running Windows Vista Home Premium. After installing
    : the Lynksys software and configuration wizard things set up pretty
    smoothly
    : with just on little detail. I set a folder on the XP machine to share with
    : other network users but it does not appear anywhere on my laptop network
    : places. I can see the printer, but not this shared folder. What am I doing
    : wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.
    :
    :

    Asking for help in a router NG.

+ Reply to Thread