Multiple connections to cable modem - Routers

This is a discussion on Multiple connections to cable modem - Routers ; Hi all: My ISP provides 3 dynamics IP addresses on our service. I am wondering if it is possible to have the connection set up so that the connection from the modem goes into a hub, and then I could ...

  1. Multiple connections to cable modem

    Hi all:

    My ISP provides 3 dynamics IP addresses on our service. I am wondering if it
    is possible to have the connection set up so that the connection from the
    modem goes into a hub, and then I could plug multiple routers into the hub
    and each router would then be able to grab an IP address from the cable
    modem? Will that work?

    I want to set up multiple machines with Dynamic DNS...

    Thanks in advance for any and all help.

    John.

  2. Re: Multiple connections to cable modem

    Depends on your ISP, first of all. It should work. I'd try it with 2 first
    and see if it works for 2. I have only one IP Address and can get several
    routers to work out of the hub, even using one "outward" ip address.

    Bob

    "John Straumann" wrote in message
    > Hi all:
    >
    > My ISP provides 3 dynamics IP addresses on our service. I am wondering if
    > it is possible to have the connection set up so that the connection from
    > the modem goes into a hub, and then I could plug multiple routers into the
    > hub and each router would then be able to grab an IP address from the
    > cable modem? Will that work?
    >
    > I want to set up multiple machines with Dynamic DNS...
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    >
    > John.

+ Reply to Thread