Why does my router go dead - Routers

This is a discussion on Why does my router go dead - Routers ; I have a wired D-Link 704P router; it has LAN 4 ports, 1 WAN port & 1 parallel printer connector. My house is wired with Cat5 cable about 10 years old. I currently only have 2 pc's in the network. ...

  1. Why does my router go dead

    I have a wired D-Link 704P router; it has LAN 4 ports, 1 WAN port & 1
    parallel printer connector. My house is wired with Cat5 cable about 10 years
    old. I currently only have 2 pc's in the network. For the most part my
    network setup has been flawless until recently. Now, the router randomly
    goes dead and more frequent. Plus resting the router is very difficult,
    unplugging the power connector several times before I get good reset. This
    router no longer supported my D-Link. what are my best option to resolve is
    issue?

    Thanks in advance with any suggestions,

    NC

  2. Re: Why does my router go dead

    From: "norman"

    | I have a wired D-Link 704P router; it has LAN 4 ports, 1 WAN port & 1
    | parallel printer connector. My house is wired with Cat5 cable about 10 years
    | old. I currently only have 2 pc's in the network. For the most part my
    | network setup has been flawless until recently. Now, the router randomly
    | goes dead and more frequent. Plus resting the router is very difficult,
    | unplugging the power connector several times before I get good reset. This
    | router no longer supported my D-Link. what are my best option to resolve is
    | issue?
    |
    | Thanks in advance with any suggestions,
    |
    | NC

    Replace it. Maybe a lightning strike nearby or a power surge caused it to fail.

    --
    Dave