One Router, Two ISPs and SMTP name - Routers

This is a discussion on One Router, Two ISPs and SMTP name - Routers ; I'm trying to plan for a transition to a new location and the current location has two ADSL lines connecting to a Draytek load balancing router. Whilst the ADSL lines are being moved to new landline numbers, we intend to ...

  1. One Router, Two ISPs and SMTP name

    I'm trying to plan for a transition to a new location and the current
    location has two ADSL lines connecting to a Draytek load balancing
    router.

    Whilst the ADSL lines are being moved to new landline numbers, we
    intend to use a 3G modem for the router.

    However, its quite likely traffic will be heavy so it may be that we
    will have one ADSl line (to ISP A) as well as the 3G modem to ISP B
    both active on the router at the same time.

    My question is, how do I ensure our server is sending mail to the
    correct SMTP server?

    TIA,

    JohnK

  2. Re: One Router, Two ISPs and SMTP name

    "John F Kappler" wrote in message
    > I'm trying to plan for a transition to a new location and the current
    > location has two ADSL lines connecting to a Draytek load balancing
    > router.
    >
    > Whilst the ADSL lines are being moved to new landline numbers, we
    > intend to use a 3G modem for the router.
    >
    > However, its quite likely traffic will be heavy so it may be that we
    > will have one ADSl line (to ISP A) as well as the 3G modem to ISP B
    > both active on the router at the same time.
    >
    > My question is, how do I ensure our server is sending mail to the
    > correct SMTP server?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > JohnK

    The WAN ports must each have an IP address, right? Since it's a "router",
    add a static route from the LAN side to the appropriate WAN port for the
    server. Depends on the router....

    Fred

+ Reply to Thread