What is the best VPN router for small size company?" - Routers

This is a discussion on What is the best VPN router for small size company?" - Routers ; Like in the title "What is the best VPN router for small size company?" I read so many negative posts about Linksys and Netgear. I was told that the Juniper Networks SSG 5 or 20 would be a good pick. ...

  1. What is the best VPN router for small size company?"

    Like in the title "What is the best VPN router for small size company?"
    I read so many negative posts about Linksys and Netgear.
    I was told that the Juniper Networks SSG 5 or 20 would be a good pick.
    What would be yours and why?
    We run right now Linksys, but they are not the fastest and had to be
    exchanged every so often. Not to mention periodical rebooting.

    Thank you.
    Trianero

  2. Re: What is the best VPN router for small size company?"

    On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 00:48:21 GMT, "Trianero" wrote:

    > Like in the title "What is the best VPN router for small size company?"
    >I read so many negative posts about Linksys and Netgear.
    >I was told that the Juniper Networks SSG 5 or 20 would be a good pick.
    >What would be yours and why?
    >We run right now Linksys, but they are not the fastest and had to be
    >exchanged every so often. Not to mention periodical rebooting.
    >
    >Thank you.
    >Trianero

    I'd seriously take a look at the Netopia 33xx series routers. They're
    available in both wired and wired+wireless version and support VPN's
    (multiple in fact) very well.

    I've installed about 100 of them in critical financial application
    situations and they're reliable and stable.

    Motorola has now purchased Netopia as its broad-band router division.

    My $.02 worth.

+ Reply to Thread