Westell Versalink 327W - Routers

This is a discussion on Westell Versalink 327W - Routers ; Greetings, I have a Westell Versalink 327W Model B90-327W15-06 that I was using when I had DSL. Was wondering if anybody knows of a flash or firmware upgrade that will make it usable as a stand alone wireless router over ...

  1. Westell Versalink 327W

    Greetings,

    I have a Westell Versalink 327W Model B90-327W15-06 that I was using
    when I had DSL. Was wondering if anybody knows of a flash or firmware
    upgrade that will make it usable as a stand alone wireless router over
    my cable connection or should I just purchase a new wireless router?

    Thanks,
    JJ

  2. Re: Westell Versalink 327W

    I got mine from verizon, it was a good router and a LOUSY High Speed
    internet provider. I now use my VERIZON / WESTELL router at a target for my
    boxer 'RoBo'. I am training him to piss on, and hit a small target. You'd
    be amazed at how useful that skill is when you walk your dog around in a
    world full of IDIOTS. Anyway... getting back on subject, most all home
    routers are 12 to15 volt wall warts with a 1 or two amp rating. They are
    virtually all center positive on the plug and if you do plug in a reversed
    polarity wall wart, most routers have a internal series diode to protect the
    electronics. If after a week or so, you are getting some strange things
    happening, a one amp wall wart may not be supplying enough current during
    demand peaks so go find a two amp model somewhere.

    NO! you cannot have my old power cube, my wife uses it to recharge the 6 'D'
    cells for her custom built vibrator! ;-)

    "JJ" wrote in message
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I have a Westell Versalink 327W Model B90-327W15-06 that I was using
    > when I had DSL. Was wondering if anybody knows of a flash or firmware
    > upgrade that will make it usable as a stand alone wireless router over
    > my cable connection or should I just purchase a new wireless router?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > JJ

+ Reply to Thread