  2. Re: Router + Printer

    From: "Avi Dubnikov"

    | My two computers A and B are connected to the Internet via cables through a Netgear
    | Wireless Router (I'm using the router as non-wireless) I've a printer Panasonic KX-MB781
    | that is connected to the router with a cable as well. The routers can see the computers
    | and the printer. However, my computers can't see the printer. What should I do.

    Are you saying the Router has a parallel port and the printer is connected t the Router and
    the Router is also acting as a Print Server ?

    --
    Dave

  3. Re: Router + Printer

    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. I fixed the problem, it had to do with ZoneAlarm.
    Where the firewall was blocking the local ( 2 computers and printer) network
    from operating properly. My setup is as follows.
    1. Computer A Desktop with a printer connected via USB
    2. Computer B Laptop
    3. Netgear Wireless Router - with wireless turned off
    In Zonealarm Firewall tab the local network with IP 192.168.1.0 and up is
    now designated as Trusted.
    Now the laptop can see the desktop via the MS home network.
    AD

    "David H. Lipman" wrote in message
    > From: "Avi Dubnikov"
    >
    > | My two computers A and B are connected to the Internet via cables
    > through a Netgear
    > | Wireless Router (I'm using the router as non-wireless) I've a printer
    > Panasonic KX-MB781
    > | that is connected to the router with a cable as well. The routers can
    > see the computers
    > | and the printer. However, my computers can't see the printer. What
    > should I do.
    > |

    > Are you saying the Router has a parallel port and the printer is connected
    > t the Router and
    > the Router is also acting as a Print Server ?
    >
    > --
    > Dave
    > Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

+ Reply to Thread