Up and Down connection wireless, Help please. - Routers

This is a discussion on Up and Down connection wireless, Help please. - Routers ; Already have the wireless/router to 'auto scan' for best channel. Router is DLink DI-614+ Card is Dlink DWL 520+ The signal Does connect but only for 30 seconds, then drops out for 1 minute, like a cycle. It never works ...

  1. Up and Down connection wireless, Help please.

    Already have the wireless/router to 'auto scan' for best channel.

    Router is DLink DI-614+
    Card is Dlink DWL 520+

    The signal Does connect but only for 30 seconds, then drops out for 1
    minute, like a cycle. It never works all the time.

    What could be causing this and how can I fix it?

    thanks

  2. Re: Up and Down connection wireless, Help please.

    "Crackles McFarly" wrote in message
    > Already have the wireless/router to 'auto scan' for best channel.
    >
    > Router is DLink DI-614+
    > Card is Dlink DWL 520+
    >
    > The signal Does connect but only for 30 seconds, then drops out for 1
    > minute, like a cycle. It never works all the time.
    >
    > What could be causing this and how can I fix it?
    >
    > thanks

    i may be misunderstanding, but the router shoud be transmitting on a fixed
    channel, ie ch2, or ch5 etc, and the card should then be able to connect on
    that channel, by autoscanning for best channel i guess that youre constantly
    dropping the connection to go looking for a better one.

    sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong

+ Reply to Thread