Wired Network to DOS Laptop - Possible? - Routers

This is a discussion on Wired Network to DOS Laptop - Possible? - Routers ; I have created a system that currently transfers data via 3.5" floppy. The "host" machine runs under Windows XP, but the (laptop) machines that produce the data run small DOS programs I wrote: they must remain DOS-based because their output ...

  1. Wired Network to DOS Laptop - Possible?

    I have created a system that currently transfers data via 3.5"
    floppy. The "host" machine runs under Windows XP, but the (laptop)
    machines that produce the data run small DOS programs I wrote: they must
    remain DOS-based because their output data is real-time and cannot
    tolerate Windows overhead or extraneous interrupts.
    I'd _like_ to enhance this system by connecting the computers with a
    wired cable network connection, but first I must make sure that the XP
    machine will be able to "see" the other computers as network drives -
    something I don't know, nor how to achieve. If I _could_ set up such a
    connection, I could modify my host application to look for/read data
    files from a different selected drive (not A.
    Is this possible? If so, where should I start (and with what)? TIA

  2. Re: Wired Network to DOS Laptop - Possible?

    "Michael R. Copeland" wrote in message
    > Is this possible? If so, where should I start (and with what)? TIA

    Wrong group. This has little if anything to do with routers. Probably
    belongs to one of the comp.os.ms-windows.networking.* groups .

    Have you tried googling? 'DOS Workgroup Client'.

    --
    JL

+ Reply to Thread