"Wired" router EMF health concern? 5 or 6-port ADSL router? - Routers

This is a discussion on "Wired" router EMF health concern? 5 or 6-port ADSL router? - Routers ; Hi there, how are you doing? A while ago my wife read some reports (she is a physician) and was concerned about our home wireless network (see http://omega.twoday.net/stories/3482006/ and http://www.safelivingtechnologies.ca...afety_Tips.htm ), so we replaced our wireless router with a "wired ...

  1. "Wired" router EMF health concern? 5 or 6-port ADSL router?

    Hi there, how are you doing?

    A while ago my wife read some reports (she is a physician) and was
    concerned about our home wireless network (see http://omega.twoday.net/stories/3482006/
    and http://www.safelivingtechnologies.ca...afety_Tips.htm), so we
    replaced our wireless router with a "wired one." However now she is
    concerned whether there is any EMF or RF associated with "wired"
    router as well, as our router is currently located in her bedroom, and
    is in a "always on" condition. Just wondering does anyone know (for
    fact) what are the EMF or RF associated with a typical 4-port DSL
    router, and is it significant enough to cause any health concern? If
    we say, hide the router (and the DSL modem) behind a thick wooden
    dresser, would that help reducing the possible EMF or RF? IF there IS
    some health concern associated with a wired DSL router (and DSL
    modem), could anyone please point some online references so that we
    could do some more research (or, if there are some articles that
    explicit saying that there is absolutely no health concern associated
    with "wired" DSL router and DSL modem, please let me know too so that
    I could show my wife). Thanks in advance!

    Also, currently on the market it seems that most of the "wired" router
    only provide 4 ports, is this true? If so why is that? Is it possible
    that we could find some kind of 5 or 6-ports DSL router to replace our
    current one as we are running out of ports for connections (for
    different rooms). thanks!

  2. Re: "Wired" router EMF health concern? 5 or 6-port ADSL router?

    On Dec 3, 11:22 pm, hotis...@hotmail.com wrote:

    > Also, currently on the market it seems that most of the "wired" router
    > only provide 4 ports, is this true? If so why is that? Is it possible
    > that we could find some kind of 5 or 6-ports DSL router to replace our
    > current one as we are running out of ports for connections (for
    > different rooms). thanks!

    I don't know anything about any EMF/RF associated with wired routers
    but 4 ports is indeed the most common number for routers these days.
    If you want to increase your home network without going wireless you
    could purchase switches (which is basically a router without the DHCP
    and whatnot) and connect them to the router to increase the number of
    ports.

    You'll be able to find switches that go from 5 ports up to 24 or more.
    The more ports you want, the more you'll have to pay but it's not
    overly expensive (I think under $100 CND for a 24 port switch).

  3. Re: "Wired" router EMF health concern? 5 or 6-port ADSL router?

    Wireless routers have radios that are not in a wired router. Linksys makes 8
    and 16 port wired routers so you don't need an extra switch. One of the
    articles was about citywide WIFI like they are putting in Philly rather than
    inside a home.

    Thanks,
    Bruce

    wrote in message
    > Hi there, how are you doing?
    >
    > A while ago my wife read some reports (she is a physician) and was
    > concerned about our home wireless network (see
    > http://omega.twoday.net/stories/3482006/
    > and http://www.safelivingtechnologies.ca...afety_Tips.htm), so we
    > replaced our wireless router with a "wired one." However now she is
    > concerned whether there is any EMF or RF associated with "wired"
    > router as well, as our router is currently located in her bedroom, and
    > is in a "always on" condition. Just wondering does anyone know (for
    > fact) what are the EMF or RF associated with a typical 4-port DSL
    > router, and is it significant enough to cause any health concern? If
    > we say, hide the router (and the DSL modem) behind a thick wooden
    > dresser, would that help reducing the possible EMF or RF? IF there IS
    > some health concern associated with a wired DSL router (and DSL
    > modem), could anyone please point some online references so that we
    > could do some more research (or, if there are some articles that
    > explicit saying that there is absolutely no health concern associated
    > with "wired" DSL router and DSL modem, please let me know too so that
    > I could show my wife). Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Also, currently on the market it seems that most of the "wired" router
    > only provide 4 ports, is this true? If so why is that? Is it possible
    > that we could find some kind of 5 or 6-ports DSL router to replace our
    > current one as we are running out of ports for connections (for
    > different rooms). thanks!

+ Reply to Thread