"Internet light" blinking - Routers

This is a discussion on "Internet light" blinking - Routers ; I have an linksys WAG354G and i see that my "Internet light" is blinking. I did not see another computer connected thru the wireless connection. The "System Idle Process" is 99 %. and the "Windows Task Manager" did not show ...

  1. "Internet light" blinking

    I have an linksys WAG354G and i see that my "Internet light" is blinking. I
    did not see another computer connected thru the wireless connection.
    The "System Idle Process" is 99 %. and the "Windows Task Manager" did not
    show me Networking activities.

    Any explanation about this blinking led ? Or a way to track the cause ?

  2. Re: "Internet light" blinking

    On Nov 16, 12:56 pm, "ray" wrote:
    > I have an linksys WAG354G and i see that my "Internet light" is blinking. I
    > did not see another computer connected thru the wireless connection.
    > The "System Idle Process" is 99 %. and the "Windows Task Manager" did not
    > show me Networking activities.
    >
    > Any explanation about this blinking led ? Or a way to track the cause ?

    I think it may always blink? There may be a certain number of
    housekeeping like chores it continues to do. Make sure you have your
    network secured. Read the documentation and try typing in the router
    ip in your internet browser address field and logging in as an
    administrator, you should then be able to find out the (MAC - hardware
    address) addresses of all the computers that are using your router.

  3. Re: "Internet light" blinking

    "vlsidesign" wrote in message
    > On Nov 16, 12:56 pm, "ray" wrote:
    >> I have an linksys WAG354G and i see that my "Internet light" is blinking.
    >> did not see another computer connected thru the wireless connection.
    >> The "System Idle Process" is 99 %. and the "Windows Task Manager" did not
    >> show me Networking activities.
    >>
    >> Any explanation about this blinking led ? Or a way to track the cause ?

    > I think it may always blink? There may be a certain number of
    > housekeeping like chores it continues to do. Make sure you have your
    > network secured. Read the documentation and try typing in the router
    > ip in your internet browser address field and logging in as an
    > administrator, you should then be able to find out the (MAC - hardware
    > address) addresses of all the computers that are using your router.

    Thanks for this idea.
    I have done it, i am alone.
    However, i reset the router and ... the led did not blink continuously
    again.

    Therefore i suppose that's a kind of a "little bug" of my router - without
    any effect except this "Christmas Holidays blinking" :-)

+ Reply to Thread