Linksys wireless USB Adapter - Routers

This is a discussion on Linksys wireless USB Adapter - Routers ; Having problems connecting. The adapter was working fine and then just stopped. (This is a friends computer and what they said) It still shows up but says not connected. I disabled it and then tried to enable it. It just ...

  1. Linksys wireless USB Adapter

    Having problems connecting. The adapter was working fine and then just stopped.
    (This is a friends computer and what they said) It still shows up but says not
    connected. I disabled it and then tried to enable it. It just showed not
    connecting. They went to the store where they bought it and got it replaced just
    in case it went bad, but it is doing the same. What should I look for next?

    There other computer is working fine, so I know it is not the router. It must be
    something on the computer itself, but what?

    Thanks
    Chris

  2. Re: Linksys wireless USB Adapter

    On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 16:14:05 -0400, ChrisGW
    wrote:

    >Having problems connecting. The adapter was working fine and then just stopped.
    >(This is a friends computer and what they said) It still shows up but says not
    >connected. I disabled it and then tried to enable it. It just showed not
    >connecting. They went to the store where they bought it and got it replaced just
    >in case it went bad, but it is doing the same. What should I look for next?
    >
    >There other computer is working fine, so I know it is not the router. It must be
    >something on the computer itself, but what?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Chris

    Security enabled?

  3. Re: Linksys wireless USB Adapter

    f/fgeorge wrote:
    > On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 16:14:05 -0400, ChrisGW
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Having problems connecting. The adapter was working fine and then just stopped.
    >> (This is a friends computer and what they said) It still shows up but says not
    >> connected. I disabled it and then tried to enable it. It just showed not
    >> connecting. They went to the store where they bought it and got it replaced just
    >> in case it went bad, but it is doing the same. What should I look for next?
    >>
    >> There other computer is working fine, so I know it is not the router. It must be
    >> something on the computer itself, but what?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Chris

    > Security enabled?

    No. I checked that and she said it was never enabled.

    Chris

  4. Re: Linksys wireless USB Adapter

    Hello,

    ChrisGW schrieb:
    > f/fgeorge wrote:
    >> On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 16:14:05 -0400, ChrisGW
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Having problems connecting. The adapter was working fine and then
    >>> just stopped. (This is a friends computer and what they said) It

    Is there any reason thinkable like changings in enviromental conditions
    or doing something with it or so?
    >>> still shows up but says not connected. I disabled it and then tried
    >>> to enable it. It just showed not connecting. They went to the store

    What it shows in detail?
    >>> where they bought it and got it replaced just in case it went bad,
    >>> but it is doing the same. What should I look for next?
    >>>
    >>> There other computer is working fine, so I know it is not the router.

    Which way this other is connected? Wireless I think but what's the
    others computers adaptor? Have you tried to change it (of course the
    other computers adaptor would not work in stead of the problematic one
    but what's about vice versa? Of course you can have two of them and you
    can disable the other if needed)?
    >>> It must be something on the computer itself, but what?

    Where are these two computers in relation to the router? Both at the
    same place or different? Different distance?

    >>> Thanks
    >>> Chris

    >> Security enabled?

    > No. I checked that and she said it was never enabled.
    >
    > Chris

    greetings

    Manfred

+ Reply to Thread