Port forwarding, Cisco 800 series, dyndns - Routers

This is a discussion on Port forwarding, Cisco 800 series, dyndns - Routers ; I want to use dyndns.com to be able to host a development website from my machine which is connected to the net via a Cisco 827H router. Now the router does not belong to me ... It is part of ...

  1. Port forwarding, Cisco 800 series, dyndns

    I want to use dyndns.com to be able to host a development website from
    my machine which is connected to the net via a Cisco 827H router.

    Now the router does not belong to me ... It is part of my apartment
    building, but (reassuringly ...) I have been able to telnet in and
    gain "enable" (root) privileges using default passwords that I found
    online ... idiots.

    I have set up dyndns to map my url to the routers IP. I ran the
    following

    ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.2 80 interface Ethernet0 80

    to set up port forwarding from port 80 to my machine. But when I visit
    the url I am presented with a password box that says something about
    "level 15 access" (this is the same thing that pops up when I try to
    browse to the routers IP).

    Can anyone suggest how to proceed?

  2. Re: Port forwarding, Cisco 800 series, dyndns

    wrote in message
    news:1194094402.217210.6070@57g2000hsv.googlegroup s.com...
    >I want to use dyndns.com to be able to host a development website from
    > my machine which is connected to the net via a Cisco 827H router.
    >
    > Now the router does not belong to me ... It is part of my apartment
    > building, but (reassuringly ...) I have been able to telnet in and
    > gain "enable" (root) privileges using default passwords that I found
    > online ... idiots.

    You may not do that ! It's not your router...

    > I have set up dyndns to map my url to the routers IP. I ran the
    > following
    >
    > ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.2 80 interface Ethernet0 80
    >
    > to set up port forwarding from port 80 to my machine. But when I visit
    > the url I am presented with a password box that says something about
    > "level 15 access" (this is the same thing that pops up when I try to
    > browse to the routers IP).
    >
    > Can anyone suggest how to proceed?

    I hope that nobody will help you. Because you forced the router access.

+ Reply to Thread