forward http://p2p.mydomain.com to http://mydomainIP:50001/gui/index.html, is that possible? - Routers

This is a discussion on forward http://p2p.mydomain.com to http://mydomainIP:50001/gui/index.html, is that possible? - Routers ; Hello, I got my own domain and want to make: http://p2p.mydomain.com to be redirected to http://mydomainIP:50001/gui/index.html Is that possible? If it's possible, how do I do it, I run Win Server 2003 on the computer that my domain is redirected ...

  1. forward http://p2p.mydomain.com to http://mydomainIP:50001/gui/index.html, is that possible?

    Hello,

    I got my own domain and want to make:
    http://p2p.mydomain.com
    to be redirected to
    http://mydomainIP:50001/gui/index.html

    Is that possible? If it's possible, how do I do it, I run Win Server
    2003 on the computer that my domain is redirected to. My router is
    Netgear and my domain is registred at Network Solutions.

    /Roberto

  2. Re: forward http://p2p.mydomain.com to http://mydomainIP:50001/gui/index.html, is that possible?

    On Nov 2, 3:13 am, aticatac wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I got my own domain and want to make:http://p2p.mydomain.com
    > to be redirected tohttp://mydomainIP:50001/gui/index.html
    >
    > Is that possible? If it's possible, how do I do it, I run Win Server
    > 2003 on the computer that my domain is redirected to. My router is
    > Netgear and my domain is registred at Network Solutions.
    >
    > /Roberto

    Roberto,
    I'm not sure exactly how your question relates to routers, but most
    home routers will have the option to include a DDNS setting basically
    that is a page to place your login account details to DynDns. This
    will make it easier to keep track of your home IP. Once this is done,
    then you may host web pages from your home, by using the registered ip
    of your router with a DNS. For example, myhomeip.ddns.org will point
    to your home router.

    If this doesn't help, please clarify.
    LC

+ Reply to Thread