router forwarding ports and port triggering help? - Routers

This is a discussion on router forwarding ports and port triggering help? - Routers ; I am just making sure I am doing this right. I have a Linksys router and cable modem the router is version 5 with updated firmware. I used portforward.com to learn about it but it did not answer my question ...

  1. router forwarding ports and port triggering help?

    I am just making sure I am doing this right.
    I have a Linksys router and cable modem the router is version 5 with
    updated firmware.
    I used portforward.com to learn about it but it did not answer my
    question so here is my question.
    Do you have to have forwarding enable on the same ports as the
    triggering for port triggering to work?
    Can you have the port triggering set up like this you have the ports
    for the trigger range the same as forwarding ports?
    I know that I can not set up a trigger port in utorrent but 1500
    seemed to work for me but 1000 did not work though which
    portforward.com had in it tutorial's for utorrent.

  2. Re: router forwarding ports and port triggering help?

    as a general rule i chise a 5 digit port number, ie 12345 33333 etc. to
    avoid using any ports which have another purpose, and never have any
    problems. (be sure to turn on encryption)

+ Reply to Thread