Cisco 1841 equivalent - DC powered - Routers

This is a discussion on Cisco 1841 equivalent - DC powered - Routers ; Greetings, In our application we are trying to run everything on 48VDC only, no UPSs or other inverters. The router specified for our smaller sites is a Cisco 1841. However it does not have a DC power option. Cisco DC ...

  1. Cisco 1841 equivalent - DC powered

    Greetings,

    In our application we are trying to run everything on 48VDC only, no
    UPSs or other inverters. The router specified for our smaller sites is
    a Cisco 1841. However it does not have a DC power option. Cisco DC
    power options start with their 2811. Would be great to find something
    of equivalent capacity with a DC option.

    Thanks,

    John

  2. Re: Cisco 1841 equivalent - DC powered

    jvh wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > In our application we are trying to run everything on 48VDC only, no
    > UPSs or other inverters. The router specified for our smaller sites is
    > a Cisco 1841. However it does not have a DC power option. Cisco DC
    > power options start with their 2811. Would be great to find something
    > of equivalent capacity with a DC option.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > John

    An 1841 is a rather robust router. Would running an 831 be an option?
    It runs on 18v DC (3 x 6V batteries in series). Has pretty good
    capacity. YMMV.

+ Reply to Thread