TIA/EIA-568 wiring standard and Cisco OIX - Routers

This is a discussion on TIA/EIA-568 wiring standard and Cisco OIX - Routers ; Dear all, I am in the process of laying cat 6. The keystones on the wall plugs have a pin layout of either TIA/EIA-568 A or B. I shall connect usual kit to it: Cisco Pix 501, some Sun kit ...

  1. TIA/EIA-568 wiring standard and Cisco OIX

    Dear all,

    I am in the process of laying cat 6. The keystones on the wall plugs
    have a pin layout of either TIA/EIA-568 A or B. I shall connect usual
    kit to it: Cisco Pix 501, some Sun kit and a few PCs.

    I do not know which cable standard these would use. Is it either
    TIA/EIA-568 A or B?

    Would someone know.

    Regards, z

  2. Re: TIA/EIA-568 wiring standard and Cisco OIX

    It doesn't matter as long as they are the same on each end. I always use A.

    "zii kell" wrote in message

    > Dear all,
    >
    > I am in the process of laying cat 6. The keystones on the wall plugs
    > have a pin layout of either TIA/EIA-568 A or B. I shall connect usual
    > kit to it: Cisco Pix 501, some Sun kit and a few PCs.
    >
    > I do not know which cable standard these would use. Is it either
    > TIA/EIA-568 A or B?
    >
    > Would someone know.
    >
    > Regards, z

  3. Re: TIA/EIA-568 wiring standard and Cisco OIX

    I don't know what spec the Cisco PIX and our other computers were wired
    up with. Is there a way to tell?