Router D-link 614+ sometimes disconnect and reconnect itself - Routers

This is a discussion on Router D-link 614+ sometimes disconnect and reconnect itself - Routers ; I have this router well configured but sometimes the icon in windows system tray says connectivity limited or absent and after some seconds again connected, 100 Mbps. This behaviour happens quite frequently and resets any connection, for example Windows Messanger ...

  1. Router D-link 614+ sometimes disconnect and reconnect itself

    I have this router well configured but sometimes the icon in windows
    system tray says connectivity limited or absent and after some
    seconds
    again connected, 100 Mbps. This behaviour happens quite frequently
    and
    resets any connection, for example Windows Messanger (I have to
    manually reconnect). Why?
    This router is connected in uplink to Fastweb HUG device (the device
    cominig from the fiber cable network).

  2. Re: Router D-link 614+ sometimes disconnect and reconnect itself

    "Frank" wrote in message
    news:1192272365.122852.92630@z24g2000prh.googlegro ups.com...
    >I have this router well configured but sometimes the icon in windows
    > system tray says connectivity limited or absent and after some
    > seconds
    > again connected, 100 Mbps. This behaviour happens quite frequently
    > and
    > resets any connection, for example Windows Messanger (I have to
    > manually reconnect). Why?
    > This router is connected in uplink to Fastweb HUG device (the device
    > cominig from the fiber cable network).

    You may have an interference problem caused by other devices that use the
    2.4GHz band which includes microwave ovens, cordless phones or even your
    neighbor's network. Try changing the channel on your router and see if that
    helps.

  3. Re: Router D-link 614+ sometimes disconnect and reconnect itself

    xyz wrote:
    > "Frank" wrote in message
    > news:1192272365.122852.92630@z24g2000prh.googlegro ups.com...
    >> I have this router well configured but sometimes the icon in windows
    >> system tray says connectivity limited or absent and after some
    >> seconds
    >> again connected, 100 Mbps. This behaviour happens quite frequently
    >> and
    >> resets any connection, for example Windows Messanger (I have to
    >> manually reconnect). Why?
    >> This router is connected in uplink to Fastweb HUG device (the device
    >> cominig from the fiber cable network).
    >>

    > You may have an interference problem caused by other devices that use the
    > 2.4GHz band which includes microwave ovens, cordless phones or even your
    > neighbor's network. Try changing the channel on your router and see if that
    > helps.

    Inexpensive routers often have these problems. Its just a fact of life
    when using home networking toys. If you want to get reliability, it may
    be better to get a 3Com OfficeConnect Cable/DSL router or a Cisco 831.
    Use a separate access point to support wireless connections.

    Don't be overly concerned necessarily about price since the 3Com is
    available for about the same as the D-Link, the Cisco about $100 - $120
    on eBay. Wireless access points vary in price, but you could snag a
    used Cisco 1121g for $100 or so on eBay. For home or small business
    use, you just can't do better than a small 3Com or Cisco SOHO router and
    a Cisco wireless access point.

    This kind of set-up will be a little more expensive that a single D-Link
    home networking toy, but it will overcome the disconnect problems you
    describe and provide a level of reliability you're currently missing.

    (FYI, I have used the above 3Com router. Currently using a Cisco 831
    router, a Cisco 1121g AP and a Gateway 7001a/b/g AP for extensive
    high-demand wired and wireless home power-user network for 11+ PCs. No
    disconnects, no network hiccups, no power cycling/restarts. 100%
    reliability and uptime.)

    Cal

  4. Re: Router D-link 614+ sometimes disconnect and reconnect itself

    Cal Vanize wrote:
    > xyz wrote:
    >
    >> "Frank" wrote in message
    >> news:1192272365.122852.92630@z24g2000prh.googlegro ups.com...
    >>
    >>> I have this router well configured but sometimes the icon in windows
    >>> system tray says connectivity limited or absent and after some
    >>> seconds
    >>> again connected, 100 Mbps. This behaviour happens quite frequently
    >>> and
    >>> resets any connection, for example Windows Messanger (I have to
    >>> manually reconnect). Why?
    >>> This router is connected in uplink to Fastweb HUG device (the device
    >>> cominig from the fiber cable network).
    >>>

    >> You may have an interference problem caused by other devices that use
    >> the 2.4GHz band which includes microwave ovens, cordless phones or
    >> even your neighbor's network. Try changing the channel on your router
    >> and see if that helps.
    >>

    > Inexpensive routers often have these problems. Its just a fact of life
    > when using home networking toys. If you want to get reliability, it may
    > be better to get a 3Com OfficeConnect Cable/DSL router or a Cisco 831.
    > Use a separate access point to support wireless connections.
    >
    > Don't be overly concerned necessarily about price since the 3Com is
    > available for about the same as the D-Link, the Cisco about $100 - $120
    > on eBay. Wireless access points vary in price, but you could snag a
    > used Cisco 1121g for $100 or so on eBay. For home or small business
    > use, you just can't do better than a small 3Com or Cisco SOHO router and
    > a Cisco wireless access point.
    >
    > This kind of set-up will be a little more expensive that a single D-Link
    > home networking toy, but it will overcome the disconnect problems you
    > describe and provide a level of reliability you're currently missing.
    >
    > (FYI, I have used the above 3Com router. Currently using a Cisco 831
    > router, a Cisco 1121g AP and a Gateway 7001a/b/g AP for extensive
    > high-demand wired and wireless home power-user network for 11+ PCs. No
    > disconnects, no network hiccups, no power cycling/restarts. 100%
    > reliability and uptime.)
    >
    > Cal

    And then again, you may be the subject of DOS (denial of service)
    attack, in which your router is overwhelmed and has to disconnect.
    Then, again, you may want to check you configuration setting for each PC
    on your network to ensure that QoS (Quality of Service) protocol is
    instaalled. This feature ensures that traffic flow is proportioned out
    to pplications so that no one application running on a PC pigs out on
    all of the available bandwidth thus making your PC suffer. A call may
    be helpful to your ISP to see what results they get when pinging your
    router. Then again, if you are using an older router, particularly, but
    not limited to Dlink routers, the router could be causing the
    disconnects. Check you router model and look for a firmware update on
    the WWW - or just come up with the $$ (or pounds) any buy a router that
    quits giving you the finger.
    DarthOdor

  5. Re: Router D-link 614+ sometimes disconnect and reconnect itself

    Probably you are right. I have to inform you that the problem happens
    also with Wi-fi disabled, only using cable connection and happens only
    when I have the eMule application running....

    > And then again, you may be the subject of DOS (denial of service)
    > attack, in which your router is overwhelmed and has to disconnect.
    > Then, again, you may want to check you configuration setting for each PC
    > on your network to ensure that QoS (Quality of Service) protocol is
    > instaalled. This feature ensures that traffic flow is proportioned out
    > to pplications so that no one application running on a PC pigs out on
    > all of the available bandwidth thus making your PC suffer. A call may
    > be helpful to your ISP to see what results they get when pinging your
    > router. Then again, if you are using an older router, particularly, but
    > not limited toDlinkrouters, the router could be causing the
    > disconnects. Check you router model and look for a firmware update on
    > the WWW - or just come up with the $$ (or pounds) any buy a router that
    > quits giving you the finger.
    > DarthOdor- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -
    >
    > - Mostra testo tra virgolette -

  6. Re: Router D-link 614+ sometimes disconnect and reconnect itself

    Frank wrote:
    > Probably you are right. I have to inform you that the problem happens
    > also with Wi-fi disabled, only using cable connection and happens only
    > when I have the eMule application running....
    >

    >> And then again, you may be the subject of DOS (denial of service)
    >> attack, in which your router is overwhelmed and has to disconnect.
    >> Then, again, you may want to check you configuration setting for each PC
    >> on your network to ensure that QoS (Quality of Service) protocol is
    >> instaalled. This feature ensures that traffic flow is proportioned out
    >> to pplications so that no one application running on a PC pigs out on
    >> all of the available bandwidth thus making your PC suffer. A call may
    >> be helpful to your ISP to see what results they get when pinging your
    >> router. Then again, if you are using an older router, particularly, but
    >> not limited toDlinkrouters, the router could be causing the
    >> disconnects. Check you router model and look for a firmware update on
    >> the WWW - or just come up with the $$ (or pounds) any buy a router that
    >> quits giving you the finger.
    >> DarthOdor- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -
    >>
    >> - Mostra testo tra virgolette -

    Get a 3Com. It'll end your disconnect troubles.

+ Reply to Thread