node too far to reach wireless router - Routers

This is a discussion on node too far to reach wireless router - Routers ; I had a wirelessG router in my home-office that is a highspeed connection to my office computers and also connects to all my wireless nodes (laptop, etc.) except for one node in the corner of the house. The one node ...

  1. node too far to reach wireless router

    I had a wirelessG router in my home-office that is a highspeed
    connection to my office computers and also connects to all my wireless
    nodes (laptop, etc.) except for one node in the corner of the house.
    The one node is surrounded by lots of other wireless networks. This
    one node was unable to connect to my router when I had 802.11g.

    I upgraded my network to the PreN, and now that one node is able to
    connect to my network (maybe has stronger signal? or different
    frequency? or because of MIMO?). I believe the main wireless PreN
    router is considered a Wireless Access Point (infrastructure mode),
    and I don't think I can buy another PreN router WAP to extend my
    network to service that one distance node. I believe I may have to buy
    a bridge (bridge able to connect to WAP and a node)? Thanks for any
    information.

  2. Re: node too far to reach wireless router

    These work great, and no encryption
    HomePlug AV Powerline Ethernet Adapter
    http://us.zyxel.com/web/product_fami...7-28E458968C55

    "vlsidesign" wrote in message
    news:1192142702.887804.80580@i38g2000prf.googlegro ups.com...
    >I had a wirelessG router in my home-office that is a highspeed
    > connection to my office computers and also connects to all my wireless
    > nodes (laptop, etc.) except for one node in the corner of the house.
    > The one node is surrounded by lots of other wireless networks. This
    > one node was unable to connect to my router when I had 802.11g.
    >
    > I upgraded my network to the PreN, and now that one node is able to
    > connect to my network (maybe has stronger signal? or different
    > frequency? or because of MIMO?). I believe the main wireless PreN
    > router is considered a Wireless Access Point (infrastructure mode),
    > and I don't think I can buy another PreN router WAP to extend my
    > network to service that one distance node. I believe I may have to buy
    > a bridge (bridge able to connect to WAP and a node)? Thanks for any
    > information.

+ Reply to Thread