Problem With Downloading! - Routers

This is a discussion on Problem With Downloading! - Routers ; Hi, I have been having the following problems for more than a day now. I have been using a News Reader to subscribe to certain newsgroups and download messages from there in the past and am using a dLink DI-524 ...

  1. Problem With Downloading!

    Hi, I have been having the following problems for more than a day now.
    I have been using a News Reader to subscribe to certain newsgroups and
    download messages from there in the past and am using a dLink DI-524
    Router for wireless connection. But suddenly yesterday afternoon, I
    receive the following error message when I tried to download messages
    from the news server (which is news.west.cox.net: "502 Maximum number
    of connections reached. (Tornado v1.0.7.392)" as well as the following
    error message: "Exceed connection limit for news.west.cox.net.". The
    strange thing is: If I connect my PC directly to the modem (bypass
    the router), I was able to download messages from my newsgroups
    without any error messages. But as soon as I connect my PC via the
    router (which is dLink DI-524) again, the error message came on and
    stop me from downloading any messages. So obviously it is the ROUTER
    that is causing the problem. Could anyone please shed some light on
    this for me? Does the DI-524 router has a download quota that limit
    me to download messages? This situation occurred when I tried to
    download a 7 GB item from my subscribed newsgroup. It seemed that THE
    router is saying that I had reached my download quota and will not
    allow me to download any further. Is that true? Any suggestions/
    comments are much appreciated. Thank you very much.

  2. Re: Problem With Downloading!

    On Oct 5, 6:10 pm, silkunicorn wrote:
    > Hi, I have been having the following problems for more than a day now.
    > I have been using a News Reader to subscribe to certain newsgroups and
    > download messages from there in the past and am using a dLink DI-524
    > Router for wireless connection. But suddenly yesterday afternoon, I
    > receive the followingerrormessage when I tried to download messages
    > from the news server (which isnews.west.cox.net: "502Maximum number
    > of connections reached. (Tornado v1.0.7.392)" as well as the followingerrormessage: "Exceed connection limit fornews.west.cox.net.". The
    > strange thing is: If I connect my PC directly to the modem (bypass
    > the router), I was able to download messages from my newsgroups
    > without anyerrormessages. But as soon as I connect my PC via the
    > router (which is dLink DI-524) again, theerrormessage came on and
    > stop me from downloading any messages. So obviously it is the ROUTER
    > that is causing the problem. Could anyone please shed some light on
    > this for me? Does the DI-524 router has a download quota that limit
    > me to download messages? This situation occurred when I tried to
    > download a 7 GB item from my subscribed newsgroup. It seemed that THE
    > router is saying that I had reached my download quota and will not
    > allow me to download any further. Is that true? Any suggestions/
    > comments are much appreciated. Thank you very much.

    I am having the same problem, chated with tech support and they said
    it was my router - needed to be reset. I reset my router and that
    didn't help. Any Ideas?

+ Reply to Thread