Firefox 3.5.3 extremely slow - Redhat

This is a discussion on Firefox 3.5.3 extremely slow - Redhat ; RHEL 5.3 firefox 3.5.3 When run from a NIS account whose HOME is on netapp, firefox takes about 1/2 hour to display the initial window. firefox works fine when run from a local account, whose HOME is also local. I ...

  1. Firefox 3.5.3 extremely slow

    RHEL 5.3
    firefox 3.5.3
    When run from a NIS account whose HOME is on netapp, firefox takes about 1/2 hour to display the initial window.
    firefox works fine when run from a local account, whose HOME is also local.
    I disabled ipV6...can't think of anything else.

  2. Re: Firefox 3.5.3 extremely slow

    Hello !

    I understand your problem and for that it probably add-ons or cookies problem and just remove it from the browser and run it then it will give more faster....

  3. Re: Firefox 3.5.3 extremely slow

    Quote Originally Posted by amc View Post
    RHEL 5.3
    firefox 3.5.3
    When run from a NIS account whose HOME is on netapp, firefox takes about 1/2 hour to display the initial window.
    firefox works fine when run from a local account, whose HOME is also local.
    I disabled ipV6...can't think of anything else.
    I am experiencing the same problem. Doing: "mv .mozilla .mozilla-save" did not help any.
    I am not using Kerberos (if that matters any).
    RHEL 5.4 firefox 3.5.4

  4. Re: Firefox 3.5.3 extremely slow

    Update your firefox,clear cookies.

  5. Re: Firefox 3.5.3 extremely slow

    Quote Originally Posted by Nat Elijah View Post
    Hello !

    I understand your problem and for that it probably add-ons or cookies problem and just remove it from the browser and run it then it will give more faster....
    We can't possibly know unless we could some how checkout your computer and see for ourselves. One possible cause to the problem is your connection to the internet, it could be possible that your ISP is experiencing some problems.

+ Reply to Thread