how to Implement SSL in Linux - Redhat

This is a discussion on how to Implement SSL in Linux - Redhat ; hi can anyone guide me the detail procedure how to implement SSL in linux. we are using RedHat Linux 4.0 Enterprise edition with IBM Websphere. Thanks Dibakar...

  1. Thumbs up how to Implement SSL in Linux

    hi can anyone guide me the detail procedure how to implement SSL in linux.

    we are using RedHat Linux 4.0 Enterprise edition with IBM Websphere.

    Thanks
    Dibakar

  2. Re: how to Implement SSL in Linux

    Hello guys!

    Therefore to enable SSL or TLS secure communications on a Server with the general public, Server administrators need to acquire a Digital Certificate from any trusted third party CA and this is usually done through an offline web-based request.

  3. Smile Re: how to Implement SSL in Linux

    NewRequest]
    Subject=”CN=MyServerName.MyDomainName.com,C=GB”
    KeyLength=2048
    MachineKeySet=TRUE
    Silent=TRUE
    Exportable = TRUE

    my friens this could help you .

  4. Re: how to Implement SSL in Linux

    Right now Linux Chrome doesn't have certificate management UI. Looks like you've found our wiki page that documents how to use the NSS command line tool 'certutil' to trust a certificate.

    The certutil command line you used should work. I would change
    -t TC
    -t "TC,,"

    Other than that, I don't see anything wrong.

    In the certutil -d sql:$HOME/.pki/nssdb -L output, what are the trust flags shown for your certificate?
    Did you find this answer helpful?

+ Reply to Thread