Assign ES license to WS server - Redhat

This is a discussion on Assign ES license to WS server - Redhat ; I have a few WS installed servers. As I have no more WS licenses available on my RHN account but I do have some free ES licenses am I then able to utilize these licenses on the WS server? Can ...

  1. Assign ES license to WS server

    I have a few WS installed servers. As I have no more WS licenses
    available on my RHN account but I do have some free ES licenses am I
    then able to utilize these licenses on the WS server?

    Can I tweak the WS installed server to fetch ES updates?

  2. Re: Assign ES license to WS server

    On 11/07/2008 05:43 AM, Joe sent:
    > I have a few WS installed servers. As I have no more WS licenses
    > available on my RHN account but I do have some free ES licenses am I
    > then able to utilize these licenses on the WS server?
    >
    > Can I tweak the WS installed server to fetch ES updates?

    Hello Joe:

    If you are OK for some exploring, you will see that your
    username/password at gives you manual access
    to all updates for all systems still supported by Red Hat, even back to
    version 2.1 and of course that includes individual files.

    However, you may wish to consider looking into the offerings at CentOS
    where currently all manner of RHEL is available (except 5.3) with the
    helpful addition of yum support.

    --
    1PW

    @?6A62?FEH9E=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]